Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Trader Joe's Cioppino - A Masterpiece Of Seafood


Song:  Che Vuole Questa Musica Stasera

Artist:  Peppino Gagliardi





Trader Joe's Cioppino...
simply the most flavorful and absolutely delicious Cioppino I have had in my life.

The spices are just so well balanced and deeply rich.
The amount and flavor of the seafood makes this a nutritious meal in and of itself.

I can guarantee you...
this will be one of the best Cioppinos you will have in your life.

I simply don't know how this Cioppino can be improved...
it is so perfect as it is.


My mother loves this dish.

As with almost every meal...
we start out with a salad.

After we eat the salad...
I get started on the meal.


Once again...
men need bigger utensils.

When it comes to meals...
men are all business.

They want to efficiently shovel large portions in all at once...
as their stomachs cry out for satiation...
and we simply don't want to mess around.


Inside each bag is the tomato sauce...
and lots of seafood.

This soul warming Cioppino is chock full of 
Alaskan Cod, mussels, clams, shrimp, and scallops.

Each bag is one serving.



As we were eating our salad...
I defrosted the tomato sauce just until it liquified enough that I could
pour it into the pan.


 I put it on medium high for the duration of the cooking.

You simply need to allow the sauce to come to a gentle boil...


 and then add the generous amount of frozen pieces of seafood.


 It takes about 7 - 10 minutes for the seafood to cook
(be sure to stir frequently).


This is one portion in a very large bowl.

This dish is not only very delicious...
and highly nutritious...
it is very quick and easy to make...
and it is also inexpensive.

I try to incorporate a rich tomato based meal at least once a week
(one of the key ingredients to the diet of the people of the Mediterranean...
one of the most healthful of all diets in the world).

I, of course, try to make a form of seafood even more than that.

This one meal incorporates both.


My mother's face lights up when I make this for her.

Hana is in the background.

My mother dipped some bread in the Cioppino for her.

She loved it.


To accompany this meal...
some soft buttered dinner rolls fit the bill nicely.


If you love seafood...
you will love this meal.

Even if you don't particularly like seafood...
you will once you have this meal.

As soon as you take one bite...
and the full flavor fills you like a piece of heaven...
it shall instantly become a favorite.

It will also be one of the most highly nutritious and healthful meals 
that you can make.

Last time I went to Trader Joe's...
I bought out almost all of their supply
(which was already low, as it is tremendously popular).

This is one of the must haves in all freezers.















No comments:

Post a Comment