Thursday, September 19, 2019

My Mother Tries Photography - Sunset Songs



Song:  Lullaby

Artist:  Dorthee Froller


I have been taking my mother to the mountains and around the neighborhood...
to teach her how to compose photographs.

I had her take some photos of me playing the bass flute.

Sometime in the future...
I will record some of my songs that I have composed...
and include pictures of me playing with a recording of the music.

This photo shooting is practice for that.

My mother sometimes had the horizon crooked...
or had me in the wrong area of the photos...
but, she has gotten better.

I want to use her as my photographer on the planned shoots.

She is enjoying it...
although, I have to admit...
it has been a very frustrating process.

(ex...Okay, when I start playing...take several shots and let me know when you have.
Halfway through a song, I stop and ask her if she had taken any shots.
No...okay...  :(    I start again...okay shoot........Shoot....
For the love of the heavens above...TAKE THE SHOT!  :)





I took the above two to show her how.


On another day...
we went to Stampede Reservoir.

It turned out to be a colorless sunset...
but it was still good practice for her.

She was smiling like a child when I approved some of her practice shots.



Some fish were jumping out of the water as I played...
but...they all seemed to be swimming the other way!  :)


I played two of my compositions:

Sunset

Waterfall


I can transcribe and compose better than I can play right now.

I have not gotten enough sleep...
let alone had time enough to really practice...
for about a year now.

(I wish to practice uninterrupted 3-5 hours a day...
but, I can only manage broken practice here and there).

I have been far busier than I should have to be...
but...once I may regularly practice...
I intend to record some songs and publish them on my other blog (Bass Flute Compositions)...
and maybe one here.

I have been writing a story which I also intend to publish in the future.

I had composed several songs for the story.

I will go into greater detail about the story setting for each song...
along with the recording of them...
later on.

So...
right now...
both, my mother, and I...
need a lot more practice. 

4 comments:

  1. Nice shots. I guess the lighting was not good enough for a facial shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the face is not good enough for the photo shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were pretty good photos by your mother!

    You are getting to practice your patience... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took a lot of shots and frustration. was thinking of just taking timed shots on a tripod, but, my mom enjoys it...so.

    ReplyDelete