Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Introduction



Song:  Gymnopedie No 1

       Artists:  Paolo Bertolotto (Piano)
                          Luke Pickman  (Alto Flute)




The goal of this blog is to give a path to better living for those of us 
who are in our senior years (55+).

I will be using my 78 (as of 2017) year old mother as an example
of how easily some simple incremental changes can lead 
to profound and healthful changes in the quantity and quality of life.


----------------


Who am I?

I am 57 (as of 2017) years old and I fully retired in May of 2011.

Life, for me, has been pure magic.

I love the simple pleasures in life...
and so, life is a symphony of colors, sounds, tastes and touch...
of deep sensations which often leave me spellbound.


I have been blogging now for over five years.

My other blog is about my son...Alex.
He was born in the Autistic Spectrum.

He is, what is commonly referred to as, a 2E Child
(Twice Exceptional - Autistic and Profoundly Gifted).

You may view the latest article here:



---------------



My 76 year old mother.


Why am I using my mother to illustrate my points?


My mother...
up until three months ago...
had never exercised...
had poor eating habits...
and had even poorer sleeping habits.

In mid July...
I had talked my mother into taking an extended stay
at my house in Reno, NV so I could show her how much better 
life could be by living life by the Basic Three
(Delicious and Nutritious Diet / Exercise / Deep Restorative Sleep).

My mother had made such great gains in weight loss...
strength and endurance, and had experienced a greater and more elevated mood...
that she decided to buy a house here and live life more fully than she had ever lived before.


My mother's house is just a few minutes from mine...
and so, I visit her everyday.

I will be blogging about her new life...
and I will constantly stress, not only the Basic Three...
but the need to experience life, instead of watching it pass us by.

I will be taking pictures of my mother engaging in various activities
and I will include easy and very healthful recipes to cook...
very basic and easy to follow exercise plans...
ways to achieve deep restful sleep...
and I will also be providing rationales, photos, and/or examples of everything I espouse.

I have included some of my mother's activities over the last three months
in my other blog...but I will include them here also.


-------------------


What are my qualifications?


Although I graduated with a B. S. degree from a California State University...
and I had taken many Philosophy and Psychology courses...
as well as some courses in nutritional and sports physiology... 
I have no special qualifications to speak of.


Just like many of you...
I have read a lot...
but even more importantly...
I have been a keen observer in life...
and I have had many experiences in life as well...
and so, I operate using good ole' country common sense.

Through my explanations and rationales...
I hope to meld the physical, the intellectual, and the emotional components of each of us...
and through efficient and effective methods of stimulating each...
I hope to lead others into a life of glorious simplicity.

Through a look into a senior citizen's life...
one whom had just begun her journey to greater health and happiness...
my message will take on a level of credence that mere words simply cannot convey.


In my next article...
I will introduce my mother...
her history...
and the beginning of her new life here.











No comments:

Post a Comment