Wednesday, April 27, 2016

My Mother's First Social Outing


Song:  Welcome To My World

Artist:  Florian Bur


The Lodge where my mother's properties are
has a weekly social meeting of the neighbors.

We decided to go to this one.


It was a rather brisk and windy day.

My mother is carrying in some chocolates for the others to enjoy.


We had just arrived.

There were approximately 30 neighbors there on this night.

As this is a retirement community...
most were in their late 60s to 70s.

While this was good for my mother...
almost everyone there could have qualified by age...
to be my mother or father.
(I had fully retired at a relatively young age).




We talked a while with this night's host of the get together...
and her husband.


We then went to sit down.


Most of the husbands retired to the pool room (as in pool tables).
Some had even arrived with their pool cue sticks.

They had been to these functions before  :)



We had sat down for a while (being wall flowers)...
and then one of the ladies who was helping the host
went over and started a conversation with us.



My mother had enjoyed this little get together.

She wants to go to next week's outing.

I am a little worried.

We had run out of things to talk about  :)

They also have a once a month movie night.

We will probably go to that one.

They set up a room with a large screen and play a relatively new movie on DVD...
and give out drinks, candy, and popcorn...
all for $3.00...and...
no need to talk  :)


My mother is now wanting to go buy some clothes...
and to go to other social events.

They also have plays and concerts set up for the future.

Although my mother is social...
she is also shy.

However, as she had enjoyed this outing...
she is looking forward to more.


Strong social ties is one of the keys to living a happy life.

I am hoping my mother will meet some friends through these functions.












No comments:

Post a Comment