Thursday, May 3, 2018

A Two AM Feast


Song:  Mas Que Nada

Group:  Brazil 66




Last night...
I got hungry...
so...
I stopped over at my mother's to see if she wanted to join me for a midnight feast
at a local taqueria.


My mother was still in her pajamas...
but as it was past 2 AM...
I knew not many people would be out...
so I just had her go with me in her PJs  :)


When ever I feel like Mexican food in the middle of the night...
I just drive to downtown Reno...
and eat to my heart's delight.



My mother and I love Tortas (Mexican meat sandwich).

We usually get Carnitas (shredded pork)...
with frijoles (refried beans) and sour cream...
along with lettuce, tomatoes, and onions.

My mother ate one half of her sandwich...
and I had eaten one and a half sandwiches.


Every so often...
my mother and I will go to one of the many nearby 24 hour restaurants...
and just fill up with one of many different dishes.

One of the great simple pleasures in life...
delicious food in the middle of the night.  :)

Sometimes...
you just gotta eat when you feel like a midnight snack.


2 comments:

  1. Ha, nice to have a 24-hour taqueria to satisfy your hunger. And a great companion who is willing to join you at that hour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there is also Mel’s about the same distance away in the opposite direction. They have a 50s theme and great burgers and sandwiches. I once had a pastrami sandwich and a root beer float in the evening there...and it was so good, I just kept thinking it. It was near 4 AM when I finally went back for another pastrami sandwich and a root beer float. I have taken my mother there before, and she wants to go back. My mother enjoys our midnight madness meals. Sometimes when we eat supper earlier than normal, it makes us hungry in the middle of the night...and...out we go. :)

    ReplyDelete