Monday, April 23, 2018

My Mother's New Car / Duck Pond / Sushi



Song:  Dream Chasers

Group:  Future World Music






My mother picked up her new Kia Sorento today.

It is the same model as is mine...
except it seats 7.

Both of my sisters are moving to Reno.

We may take all in this car should we decide to go into the mountains
to enjoy the day.

Although my mother doesn't drive anymore...
I wanted her to have a safe car to ride in.

My sisters' cars are not nearly so safe to ride in as is this car.

So...
whenever they drive her anywhere...
they will drive her in her car.



The car is a dark metallic flake platinum graphite.


I insisted on her having a safe car to ride in...
as it has the highest safety rating...
and it also has the highest reliability rating.

As it is an all wheel drive with on the fly locking differential for very loose and deep sand 
or snow...I can be assured she will be able to be transported in as safe 
and dependable conditions as possible.





We left the dealership to go to the duck pond and then to eat sushi afterwards.

I decided to take the scenic route there.

We took an old country road.






We arrived at the duck pond a short time afterwards.




We had taken a full box of crackers to feed the ducks.







In this picture...
it looks as if she would have a good throw all the way to the water...
but no...
the crackers she had tried to throw only ended up a few feet in front of her  :)



After all of the crackers were gone...
it was time to eat.


It was a beautiful day.





We enjoyed a good meal...
and I then took her home.

My mother is now all set to enjoy seeing her daughters on an almost daily basis.

She is very happy about this.

My sisters are also excited about their future in Reno.







2 comments:

  1. I had been wondering what was to become of your mother when you move to be near your son's college. How wonderful for all of you that both of your sisters will move to Reno to be near your mother. She will enjoy having them nearby, and they will have a beautiful area to live. And I'm sure you'll be visiting her often as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my sisters love Reno, and this way they can spend time with my mother. And, whenever they take my mother anywhere, they will be driving her in her car, as it is the safest. This is the main reason I had her buy a car.

    ReplyDelete