Monday, February 8, 2016

My Mother Turns 77 Yrs. Old / New Exercise Machine


Song:  Above All

Artist:  Helen Jane Long


My mother turned 77 years old a little while ago.

As there was still ice and snow on the ground at her home...
and she was getting antsy...and so, she had wanted to go outside to exercise...
I had, instead, taken her to the clubhouse so she could use the indoor walking track.





She had walked ten laps...
and we then rested at her house...
and I then treated her to a birthday dinner at our favorite Teppanyaki restaurant.






My mother and I had Filet Mignon and Shrimp.

My mother also purchased a
BowFlex M5 exercise machine
(online - it should arrive in a couple of weeks).


I was worried that my mother would just walk outside unless she had
a convenient method of getting much of her exercise at home.

Although she has her weight set...
she needed a way to get aerobic fitness...
especially during Winter.

This will keep her very fit...
and it will not hurt her knees.

It exercises her upper body and lower body at the same time...
and it has back lit gauges to keep her motivated.

I will go more into this exercise machine after it arrives.

I will be supervising all of her exercise sessions.


Tonight, I will be taking her to a senior center in town
so we may look into a Tai Chi class for her to take once a week.

I will practice with her...
and we will also practice daily as part of her exercise regimen.

The value of a group exercise session is that it 
motivates the practitioners to improve since 
they want to be seen in a good light by others.

Exercise is one of the key factors to health and happiness in life.

I will also be looking into other trips and classes for my mother to take.

It is all part of living life well.

A person simply must develop passions in life
in order to truly live it.

Her basic exercise program will allow her to experience her passions
at a greatly elevated level.

It will also allow her to tire herself out...
so she may experience deep restorative sleep on a nightly basis.









No comments:

Post a Comment