Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Donner Lake Then Pyramid Lake For Sunset


Song:  Gentle On My Mind

Performing Artists:  Carl Jackson and Ashley Campbell




Today, I drove my mother, elder sister and her husband...
 to Donner Lake and to the observation point just above it.

Afterwards, we drove to Pyramid Lake for some sunset shots.

Both of the lakes are just a short drive from Reno.


My mother greatly enjoyed our day out.

My elder sister and her husband also enjoyed some seeing 
some of the other places I like to go when I just wish to relax in serene locations.

I cannot stress enough how life is only made rich
by the magical memories we make.

It is the simple pleasures of friends and family...
combined with serene views...
and good food and good times...
which make for these magical memories
(I will be taking my mother to a 24 hour Mexican restaurant a little after midnight).

This is why I love Reno so much.
Besides having crystal clear air and water...
we are at the door to so many beautiful places.

Just for the price of gas...
rich memories are easily made and had.

Being with people you love being around...
and sharing with them...
beautiful experiences...
these are the things which will be remembered years hence.

It is also why I love to photo document life.

Just seeing those photos in the future...
you easily re-experience those events which you loved...
in the full richness of those moments.

When you reach a certain age...
to not grab life with all your might...
to let it pass you by because you love money more than truly experiencing life...
is foolish beyond belief.

If you already have a secure future...
get out and fully live life.

Let loose all negative people, places, and memories.

They are the anchors of life.
Life is simply too short to do otherwise...
and there are too many great simple pleasures to be had.

Our future is what we make of it.

Laugh and love fully.
Chase your passions with wild abandonment...
and don't look back...
unless they are magical memories.

Rich and magical memories are what constitute a rich life...
and these are the memories which are gentle on your mind.













My mother is scared of heights...
and so, she clung to this stone pillar  :)


Donner Lake



My elder sister at the observation point.













My elder sister photographing the surroundings.



After Donner Lake and the observation point...
we stopped at my elder sister's house for a short while...
and then continued on to Pyramid Lake for the sunset.




My elder sister's husband set up his camera for various shots.

We were the only ones out at this location.















After sunset...
we took a drive around the lake to the Western shore...
and then back home.

One of my hobbies is exploring new locations around Reno.

There are so many places just a short drive away that I still have many places to see.

My mother loves seeing new places also.

We will usually try new restaurants on the same day...
however, as it became late...
we will go to one of our favorite 24 hour restaurants sometime after midnight.

----------

Do not accept mediocrity in life.

By living our lives fully, and well...
we won't feel cheated by death.

Most of our young lives are spent climbing the mountain.

Once you reach the top...
the goal is to spend as much time there.

Don't accept a decline...
simply greatly enjoy the simple pleasures of life...
all of which are almost free.

Explore and expand your creative soul.
This is the international language and expression of love.

This way, when death comes to meet you...
you go out on top.

The more beautiful the life we create...
the more beautiful our sunset.












4 comments:

  1. I have to admit, the lakes are so clean and inviting. The freedom to enjoy the majestic beauty without over crowding and fresh mountain air is priceless. Life has so many stressful events.... coming to the Reno/Tahoe area of Nevada strips away the years of accumulated stress responses and leaves you feeling free to explore and commit to taking good care of yourself so you can fully enjoy your surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The call of the outdoors is strong here. Everything is so near and uncrowded. That is why so many retire here in Reno.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so stunningly beautiful. Just looking at the photos puts me at peace, for just a moment anyway. And a pretty good sunset, too. Love the color on the clouds. I'm sure your mother had a very enjoyable day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother always loves a good short trip to any of so many places around Reno. We usually try out a new place to eat also. She especially loves that.

      Delete