Saturday, January 27, 2018

Dim Sum For Dinner



Song:  Clocks

Group:  Coldplay


On my way to my mother's last night.

I had gotten there much later than usual because of some things I had to do.

On my way there...
I had seen this sunset...
and I had to turn around and stop for a few minutes to take these photos.







For today's dinner...
I wanted to make (warm up)...
Dim Sum.

I took my mother to an Asian market...
and we bought these.






I didn't warm up these onion pancakes.

We will use them on another day...
probably with somen.


All of the items were frozen.

All you have to do is to steam them for 8 minutes 
(or microwave them for a couple of minutes).


I had placed these in the first basket.


I then placed these in the second basket.



I had my mother try this brand of rice drink.

My mother thought it was delicious.



I had set up the sauce and I made the hot mustard from powder.


In a short period of time...
the food was fully warmed.



My mother loved everything...
but she especially loved the shrimp dumplings...
and the burdock buns.



I had initially forgotten the salad.

So...
I quickly bowled some diakon sprouts...
and I put on this Sweet Asian Citrus dressing.



My mother and I had seconds on everything...
and we ended up just finishing everything.


As today was a long day...
and as we had practiced music as the rice was cooking...
after we cleaned up...
I went home early.

(My mother is progressing steadily on the piano...
and she loves going to her piano lessons.
The day of her piano lessons (right afterwards) is our once a week time to eat out).

With the addition of Dim Sum...
we now have another delicious meal to eat...
whenever we feel like it.

I had bought extra of everything...
and placed them in the freezer for a future Dim Sum meal.

My mother loves the variety of food we eat.

Each time we eat a delicious meal...
it sets the mood for the rest of the night.

A delicious meal to look forwards to...
and to remember afterwards...
leads to a light heart...
and a brighter evening.









2 comments:

  1. Oh man, you have some spectacular sunsets! You need to leave more time to get to your mother's every night with those sunsets. :)

    Nice variety of dim sum. I just ate dinner and you still made my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sunrises and sunsets here. I always try to remember to take my camera everywhere I go.
    I love Dim Sum. There are no places in Reno which serve it. But now, I may make it any time I wish.

    ReplyDelete