Thursday, February 11, 2016

Spam Musubi / Inarizushi



Song:  Girl From Ipanema

Performed by:  Calikokat


Spam Musubi is a popular local dish from Hawaii.

Spam is a precooked canned pressed ham.

The spam is pan grilled...
put on a formed rice rectangle...
and both are covered with a sheet of Nori (roasted seaweed).




The slices may be 1/4 to 1/6 of the block of spam.


My mother had cut the spam into 1/5ths.



As the rice was just made...
my mother put a desired amount into a bowl to cool off...
as she would make the formed rice rectangles by hand.



She then cut the nori in half.



The size and shape of the hand formed plain rice.


Simply grill each side of the spam until lightly crisped and browned.


The rice rectangles are ready here.


All the ingredients are assembled here.


Place one rice rectangle on the end of the sheet of nori.


Place a piece of grilled spam on top of the rice.


Then wrap the nori around the rice and spam.



Spam Musubi


As my mother had plenty of rice left over...
she added some sushi rice seasoning to the rice to taste...
and she then prepared the Inarizushi wrappers...
and filled them with the seasoned rice.



Each can comes with about 25 wrappers.







Now...
in Japan...
many housewives are very creative with their food.

Many will arrange their finished food into flowers or cranes.

I am not nearly so creative or artistic.

I know the musubi looks like a starfish...
but I had wanted to make it look like...
Musubi Man :)

That's all folks...
that is the limit of my artistic talent  :)


At least my mother and I had food that tasted good  :)



Earlier today...
my mother had received her exercise machine...
the Bowflex M5.

I put it together for her...
and she tried it out for a little bit.

 I will go into it some more...
tomorrow.

Let me tell you about the assembly...
and my initial impression of it.


First of all...
it had arrived in just a matter of a few days.

It comes in two boxes...
with a total weight of over 150 lbs.


All of the structural components were of very heavy gauge steel...
and all portions were covered with a very high quality coating.


The instructions were very well detailed and logically laid out.

It comes with all the hardware and tools necessary for full assembly...
and all were labeled so assembly was very easy and frustration free.

All components...
were of the highest quality.

The fully assembled product
performed smoothly, quietly...
flawlessly.

There are preprogrammed resistance...programs.

You may set the resistance from 1 to 16.

Just for the few minutes I had tried it for...
I could feel how this machine provides a thorough workout
(It is non motorized.  The user provides all the power...
and so...he/she gets a really good workout).

I will include pictures of my mother on the machine in my next article.

It was $1,599.00 plus tax...and free shipping.

For someone who would rather have the privacy and convenience
of working out at home...without having to go outside...
I have never experienced a better machine.

The Bowflex M5...
well worth the money.

While Alex and I will get our workouts with the Strongman Yoke...
this machine is perfect for my mother.

Rather than paying for off site gyms...
this machine and a good weight set...
is all anyone will ever need.
And with the savings on dues and gas...
they will pay for themselves...
and the continuing health and wellness dividends...
are simply well worth it.


I will cover my mother's home gym in my next article.










No comments:

Post a Comment