Friday, October 14, 2016

My Mother's Relaxation Room



Song:  Ordinary World

Group:  Duran Duran


My son and I, just recently, helped put together a relaxation room for my mother...
in her house.

It has three freshwater fish tanks:

A 36 gal. breeding / nursery tank

A 54 gal. female isolation tank (to control breeding)

A 75 gal. main tank


My mother will be raising red miniature shrimp.

I had just ordered a breeding set of 10 females...
and 5 males...
all of breeding age...
and all strong and healthy.


Also in the room is a large recliner...
a massage chair...
and an iPad and speaker system.

She spends many hours a day in this room now...
as it is so soothing to her.


This is the breeding / nursery tank.




This is the female isolation tank to control breeding.








This is the main tank.






My mother just got a massage chair.

It was well worth the cost...
which was very reasonable
($925 delivered).



I urge every senior citizen to research their own massage chair.

It will greatly relax you...
and will provide many deep massages.

You will feel so good for many hours afterwards.

It is especially effective just before bed.


I had also ordered a faux stained glass window cover.

It should arrive in about a week.

It will add great colors to the room during the day.





You will notice the incense.

I wanted this room to be stimulating to all of the senses...
sight, sound, touch, smell...and when she eats her snacks here...
taste will also be involved  :)

On the bottom shelf...
my mother will place some books for her to read in the perfect comfort 
of her relaxation room.



My son, Alex, had helped me put the tanks and the massage chair in my mother's house.

He is trying out the massage chair here.


This is a very...very, relaxing full reclining chair.

It is perfect for a nap.

It is so comfortable as to actually induce sleep.




I had put the aquarium lights on automatic timers...
I feed the fish everyday when I visit my mother...
and I do regular water changes in the tanks.

All my mother has to do is to enjoy her tanks.

At night...
she usually turns off the room light so the lights of the tanks
illuminate the room with a softer glow.



My mother giving her grandson a big hug for all of his help in setting up 
her relaxation room.



My mother is nearing 78 years old.

To not be greatly enjoying life...
especially at her age...
should be a personal sin.


To have a relaxation room...
one where a person may just let his / her mind wander...
and where the body may deeply recover...
is to recharge the spirit...
to reminisce about the good memories
to forgive the past bad ones...
and to forge forwards with renewed energy...
and to have an inner happiness throughout each day.



















No comments:

Post a Comment