Tuesday, October 25, 2016

My Mother's "Stained Glass" Window




Song:  Comfortably Numb

Cover:  Jamie Dupuis



The "stained glass" finally came.

This little project took me many hours of frustration in putting it up.

I had to remove the blinds...
and in doing so, I had inadvertently broken the brackets holding the valence. 

So...
after putting up the "stained glass"...
I then had to go to the hardware store to buy the necessary brackets.

After searching for them...
I finally got the only ones they had.

I went back to my mother's and tried out the brackets...
wrong ones!!!

I then realized that I would have to make my own modifications.

All I would need was a hot glue gun...
no hot glue gun!!!

I had to go back to the hardware store.

I got the only one they had left.

I went back to my mother's house...
and went to work.

A short while later...
it was finally done.


The window from inside the relaxation room with the daylight shining through...
before I had gotten the blinds reinstalled.


My mother in her relaxation room 
just after I had installed her "stained glass".

She spends many hours a day listening to music as she enjoys watching
each fish tank...or just stretching out in one of her chairs.

My mother relaxing in the big chair with the window illuminated from one of the 
outside garage lights shining through at night time.

I had taken this photo just after I had finally gotten the blinds reinstalled.


Hana loves the relaxation room.  

I had put her bed here, as she spends most of her time in this room.


This is how the window looks from the outside with the room light on.


My mother looking at the window from outside her home.


I walked out to the street for this shot.


This is a Japanese Maple that I planted in the front left outside portion of her house.

As it is a one year sapling...
I had placed a wire cage around it so I may cover the frame with saran wrap
and fill the area around the sapling with sphagnum moss to prevent it from 
freezing this Winter.

The plastic wrap around the wire cage will make a green house around the sapling.

I will do this for the next few Winters to ensure the sapling survives.

I will also help my mother plant some Tulips and Irises around outside.

My mother is looking forwards to spring so she may put many cut flowers in the house.



The Red Cherry Shrimp in the breeding tank.

Hopefully soon...
they will be forming and hatching many eggs.

I have been diligent in water changes and giving them have a healthful diet.

My mother is having a great time watching them swim around.




This room is now my mother's favorite place in the house.


Hana's favorite place in the house.

She is such a good companion dog for my mother.




No comments:

Post a Comment