Friday, April 14, 2017

A Picnic At Kings Beach - Lake Tahoe


Song:  Ave Maria


As today was a beautiful day...
I went to my mother's to take her on a picnic.

My original plan was to take her to Prosser Reservoir.

However, the last half mile to the reservoir was impassable due to mud...
so...


We first stopped to get some fried chicken for the picnic.

My mother carried it on her lap the whole way.

Hana was in the back seat.





The drive to the turnoff from the highway to Prosser Reservoir was less than 45 minutes 
from home.


We traveled to the turnoff leading to the reservoir at the end of this road...
and found that the asphalt stopped...and mud began.

There were some people snowmobiling at the end of the road.

Fearing I would get stuck...
I turned around.


We were leaving the turnoff here.


Since we were so near to North Lake Tahoe...
I decided to go there for the picnic.


We stopped at King's Beach and put the chicken down and ate.


The temperature was just right...
and there was a light breeze blowing.

We were surrounded by beautiful views as we ate.








My mother enjoyed looking out at Lake Tahoe...
and the surrounding snow covered mountains as she ate her chicken, biscuits...
and Cajun rice.

Hana loved the new surroundings also.


When we finished...
we got up to walk to the end of a nearby small pier.



My mother rested a few minutes here before we continued on to the pier.








I had given this jacket to my mother...
as it was too small for me...
in the shoulders...in the shoulders!  :)

This is now her mountain jacket.


I then drove her back to her home.





My mother thoroughly enjoyed our little outing.

Our whole outing, there and back...
including the turnaround at Prosser Reservoir and our picnic...
took less than three hours.

My mother kept commenting on the beautiful mountains during our whole drive...
there and back.


It is good to get out of the house often.

Having new and beautiful experiences...
even if just for a short while...
lends to having a happy life.

Sometimes you just have to be spontaneous...
you just have to listen to the call of the mountains...
and answer.






2 comments:

  1. Can't think of many things better than a picnic in that beautiful setting. Great that you are helping your mother to enjoy life to the fullest at her age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother readily goes with me on selected outings. She loves seeing new sights, and especially, eating at new places. My mother realizes that life must lived through direct experience if it is to be fully experienced.

    ReplyDelete