Monday, April 24, 2017

My Mother's New Favorite Restaurant


Song:  Regresa A Mi

Group:  Il Divo


I took my mother to a restaurant which was new to us on this night.

It is open until midnight every night...
and until 1 AM on Fridays and Saturdays.

As we were to find out...
they have great Prime Ribs
(which are only sold on Fridays - Sundays).

I took her here specifically for their Prime Rib.





It has a nice open atmosphere and the seating was very comfortable.


We started off with a couple of St. Pauli non-alcoholic beers.


We then tried their delicious Portobello Mushroom Salad.

Both, my mother, and I, loved it.



We then started on our main dish...
a 16 ounce Prime Rib...
fire roasted asparagus...
and my mother had a baked potato...
while I had the mashed potatoes.

From the first bite of the Prime Rib...
my mother and I loved this place.

My mother proudly announced that this was her favorite restaurant...
and her wish to come here often.

They know how to, not only, make prime rib here...
but their vegetables were so deliciously spiced and fire roasted.

The prime rib was excellent in its supreme tenderness...
mouthwatering spices, and juiciness.

We were both so impressed.

We are going to try their Rib Eye next time.

And...
whenever we feel like the best prime rib we have ever had...
we are sure to return on a Sunday night.


The included desert was so large that I couldn't finish it.

I usually don't eat sweets except at restaurants...
or an occasional chocolate at my mother's as we watch a movie...
so, this was quite a sugar shock for me  :)


We then departed fully satisfied...
and with the full knowledge that we had experienced a great meal
and that we would return often.

My mother absolutely loved this place.

Trying new restaurants is one of our hobbies.

As we usually eat fish or poultry at my mother's...
and as I simply cannot cook red meats anywhere near the quality
of a good restaurant...
when we eat out...
it is usually to get a good steak.

In this restaurant...
we had found a winner.

An added plus is that...
as we are both night owls...
we like to eat out late
when the restaurants aren't crowded...
so we may just enjoy a relaxing meal.

We have until midnight to enjoy a great steak or prime rib...
on any given Sunday.

What was funny was my mother's absolute LOVE of this place.

She was as delighted and gushing as a school girl.

This is the type of reaction a good restaurant should bring about in its patrons.

This is also our goal when eating out.

It is a new adventure to be thoroughly enjoyed...
time and again.


And...
as always...
Hana absolutely loved the fat trimmings we had taken back for her.








2 comments:

  1. Now I know where you get your appetite from. :) I love that your mother gets such a great pleasure out of this meal, though seeing that prime rib, I totally understand why!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pleasurable for me to see how much my mother enjoys herself when we eat out. We both have large appetites. I always tell my mother to skip the previous meal before eating out. We both go in with our mouths already watering. This is the only way one should eat out...fully primed to make the meal an event to be remembered.

    ReplyDelete