Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Bandi And Hana



Song:  Give Me Love

Artist:  George Harrison


Just last week...
my mother looked up at me and said she wanted another dog to keep Hana company.

I searched all of the Humane Societies within a 250 mile radius.

I had found a very cute puppy which was part of a litter of siblings...
all of whom had been strays and were at a shelter which was a little over 4 hours away
in California.

I called them and said my mother and I would be there the next morning
to adopt the below puppy.

She had her first series of inoculations and she had just been spayed.

My mother and I left early the next morning and adopted...
Bandi (I named her a female version of Bandit...because of her 'Mask').

She was just weaned and is 8 weeks old.

She is a Labrador Retriever mix...
and she is so cute!




The following pictures I had took in my mother's backyard
on the following day.

Both of the dogs get along well...
and Bandi is very playful and affectionate.

Bandi loves her new home.


















For the past few days...
I have been potty training Bandi.

She has responded well.

Bandi and Hana love playing outside...
and then sleeping in my extra cool air conditioned room.

They both sleep with me.

Bandi will stretch out on my bed...
and then cuddle next to me...
or she will sleep next to Hana.

Hana is much more active now.

She seems very happy with her new friend.

I will be taking them on a walk around the neighborhood later today.

I must get some of that puppy energy out of Bandi  :)

(Although she listens well...and she is well behaved.
She loves being held and cuddled).


My mother is having a good time sitting on her backyard porch
as she watches the dogs play and explore.

I feed the dogs outside and give them fresh water...
and then sit on the patio with my mother as we watch the dogs play.

The days are very nice.

In a few days...
we are going to have an outside evening supper on my mother's backyard patio
with my elder sister and her husband.













2 comments:

  1. Aw, Bandi is adorable. Great that Hana enjoys her company... sometimes the first dog doesn't like it when a new one is introduced, so it's nice that they are getting along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hana is very maternal. She doesn't even get upset when Bandi tries to eat her food, even though Bandi has her own bowl. They like doing things together, from sleeping to tug of war with a rope toy.

    ReplyDelete