Saturday, July 1, 2017

Flame Grilled Salmon


Song:  Dreamway

Group:  Immediate Music


Flame Grilling...
although usually more time consuming...
brings out flavor of the meat or vegetables.

It is a seldom used cooking method...
but when used...
the effect on the natural flavors is fantastic.

Since we eat a lot of salmon...
I try different ways of cooking it to stave off boredom of taste.


Before grilling over an open range flame...
it is best to take but a few moments of your time...
to save you lots of time later on.

Just take a sheet of foil...
and cover one of the burners.

Then...
simply run a fingernail along the under edge of the burner to cut out a cover from the foil.



Crimp the cover to catch any liquids and place it on the top of the burner cap.



Replace the burner grill...
and you are all set.



You need not hold the food grill.
Just place it on the burner grill...
and adjust the heat to the desired level.

I initially fire grill on medium high until the food is almost fully cooked.


I will then place the fire on high to slightly char the surface.

This salmon steak took but a few minutes to cook.


This is my mother's plate.

My mother loves flame grilled salmon...
as well as the various vegetables.

We finished up the shishito and the kabocha along with the flame grilled salmon.


I love putting on Tonkatsu sauce on my salmon.


This is the brand we like.


In my next article...
I had flamed grilled various colored peppers, onions, mushrooms...
and shrimp and scallops.













No comments:

Post a Comment