Saturday, July 1, 2017

Flame Grilled Veggies / Shrimp / Scallops


Song:  Serenata Immortale

Group:  Immediate Music


Flame Grilling should be but an occasional method of cooking.
It will keep it special...and special it is.

Although it takes longer to do...
when done correctly...
it so enhances the natural flavors...
you will wish to do it again.


For this night's supper...
I had chosen to flame grill a variety of veggies...
and some scallops and shrimp.


As I keep all of the sea food in my mother's deep freeze...


...it needs a little longer to defrost them.

I just place them in a mixing bowl and soak them in a bath of hot water.


As I was doing this...
I had my mother slice the bell peppers and the onion.

The mushrooms were already sliced.


I then started flame grilling the mushrooms.


With the mushrooms...
I only slightly charred them.


I had my mother give me the peppers after they were sliced...by color.







The objective with the vegetables is to only char the outside slightly.
You do not want to cook them on the inside.

In order to do this...
I placed the flame on high until the outside of them charred.

The inside should still be raw.

This brings out the natural scent and taste of the vegetables like no other method.


I then flame grilled the shrimp and scallops using a medium flame until they were 
almost completely cooked.

I then placed the flame on high to char them on the outside.


I just wanted to demonstrate that the handles remain cool...
even after an hour's worth of flame grilling.





You need only remove the foil and throw it away...
and clean up is dramatically lessened.


We had quite the feast.

Any uneaten veggies will be put into our salads over the next couple of days.


For this sea food...
I hadn't used any sauce.

I love the charred taste and the natural flavors flame grilling brings out in the food.


Again...
the whole aim of flame grilling is to bring out the natural scents and flavors of the food.


Whole corn is another great vegetable to flame grill.


You will want to flame grill any vegetables first.
They still taste good when cool.

The meats should be served hot.








2 comments:

  1. We often use our gas grill in the summer especially. I have not tried using the burners on our stove to cook directly but it seems to work well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they work quite well. It is often breezy here, so, I don't like to cook outside. However, the ambiance of cooking outside is hard to beat.

    ReplyDelete