Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Taking Advantage Of A Cold - House (MD) Marathon



Song:  Listen To Your Heart

Cover:  Calikokat


My mother recently had a light cold.

When I got to her house a few days ago...
I made a new batch of Reno Red Hots...
only this time...
I made them with Korean Radish.


I put in the ground Korean red peppers.


We picked up this Korean radish.


I sliced up the radish...


and put the slices into the mixture.

Spicy red peppers are especially good when one has a respiratory infection...
as it stimulates the immune system...
as well as mucosal production
(natural expectorant).


After supper...
we got some unfiltered sake...
cut up some apples and Asian pears...
and sat down to watch consecutive House (MD) shows.



My mother and I just relaxed and enjoyed the show.


The next day...
I took my mother to a local Thai restaurant for a spicy dinner.



We started with some fresh chicken and shrimp rolls.


We then enjoyed hot and sour soup...
and green curry.





I love it when it snows.

A series of winter storms has been rolling through Reno over the past couple of weeks.



The next day...
my mother and I went to do a couple of walk throughs 
on two new houses my mother recently purchased.

(This was at the model homes office)


We then went to her house and decided to have a light supper.



We weren't real hungry...
so we just made finger sandwiches from salami and cheese on french bread.


We then sat back and continued our House (MD) viewing marathon  :)


I also still have light symptoms of a cold...
but that won't stop us from enjoying some simple pleasures.


The whole series of House (MD) is on Netflix.

We have been watching one show after the next for many days now.


In my next article...
I will give the recipe for a meal we just made on this night...
Beef Tataki...Reno Style.
























No comments:

Post a Comment