Thursday, February 29, 2024

The Calm Between Storms - A Winter Sunset

  


Song:  A Pillow Of Winds

Group:  Pink Floyd


(A repost from another of my blogs: The Three Wheeled Philosopher)


My younger sister and I went triking after many days of winter storms.

It was good to get out once again.

We did a short ride to Sunset Court.







My younger sister taking in the sunset.







I am getting a final look at the sunset before departing.




It was so good to get some fresh air and to experience another beautiful sunset.

I love triking.

Once I get into a steady cadence...
I can just look around and enjoy the ambiance.

Some time in the future...
I will be buying my final place...
a place of serenity and where I may enjoy more beautiful sunrises and sunsets.

It will be a place to truly live life...
and my final resting place...
where I may die in serene settings...
my final sunset.

However...
I will be triking until the time that I die.

Exercise is the key to living life to the fullest.
It is the great magnifier of the heart and mind...
where colors and music become one with you.


I am in my sunset years...
and my life is as beautiful as the last picture of the sunset...
as I reflect upon my life up until now.

It is only because I had prepared for retirement.


I had made sacrifices in my earlier years to ensure my sunset years
would be filled with beautiful sunsets.

Even though I am 64 years old now...
I fully retired at the age of 51 so I could have an extended sunset.

Although we may never know which sunset will be our last...
you can die knowing you were on the right path.

There is a well known...
but little followed path to reaching your genetic potential...
and to enjoying life to the fullest:


The Basic Four


1)  A Nutritious and Delicious Diet.

2)  Exercise

3)  Deep Restorative Sleep

4)  Living Life With A Passion

The first three allow you to live...
the last one gives life its meaning.

Some things in life are out of our control...
but these four things are not.

The good life is within each of our reach.

The goal in life is to have the highest quantity of quality.

While the quantity of life may not be in our control...
the quality surely is.

No comments:

Post a Comment