Thursday, December 17, 2015

A Neighborhood Club House For My Mother



Song:  Divenire

Artist:  Ludovico Einaudi


As I had mentioned earlier...
my mother had just bought two more new homes in our area
as more income property (free and clear...no mortgage)
(one of the securest means of retirement funds...I will go into this later).

Tomorrow...
my mother will take possession of the second one.

As owner of houses in this neighborhood (near us)...
she has unlimited access to the gated retirement community's club house
(at least one household member must be 55+ years old).


We already did the final walk through and got the keys to the first house today.

Afterwards...
we toured the club house.

It is a fantastic setup.

It is open everyday...all day long...and into the night...
and it has activities scheduled all day for anyone wishing to join in...
or its facilities are there for any home owner to just relax and enjoy as they please.

This is a gated retirement community.

The people are very friendly and mellow.








This is the main entrance.


This is one of the lounges.


On the other side is a fireplace and lounge.


The back portion has a large viewing deck...
and three fire pits.


There is a barbecue and tables under a viewing porch for anyone to use.


There is a panoramic view of the Western mountains...
and of the sunset.






There are several rooms which they use for various classes or meetings
(they have art and dancing classes...among many other classes and activities).



The fitness center in the club house has many types of exercise machines...


and a year round indoor pool.


They also have an outdoor Tennis court
(to the left).


There is a great view of the mountains, TVs, and sunset...from anywhere in the room.





Above the exercise area is an indoor walking track with beautiful views all around.




There is also a library with books available on the honor system to check out
and read at home...or to just read anywhere in the club house.


I guess they made a compromise as to preference for direction of travel  :)


I am standing on the walking track.
There are also inside views of the pool area farther along the track.

I think the best views are through the continual track of windows all the way around.

There is a 360 degree view of all the surrounding mountains.


I know it is a little ironic that there would be an elevator to the upstairs walking track...
but this is a retirement community  :)



As I was taking this picture...
I saw the sunset in the mirror above the fireplace...
and I just had to go outside again  :)




You would think that a perfect time to use the fire pits would be during Winter  :)




My mother's realtor is with her.


There was a stiff breeze blowing...
but I just love a brisk breeze in Winter
(they were eager to go back in :)


My mother was very happy with this club house.

I, too, was very impressed with everything here.
Everything was just so clean and organized.
It is a perfect place to relax and make friends.

I will be taking my mother here whenever she wishes
(I get to use the facilities also  :)


Right through the break in the mountains is the pass leading into California.



Just a couple miles up this road is a golf course (for a fee).


We left feeling light hearted and very pleased.

My mother is so glad she moved here to Reno.

The simple pleasures in life are so easily gotten on a daily basis here.

There is so much more I will be showing my mother here...
but for now, with this club house, my mother's life just got so much richer.


Reno, Nevada...
where breathtaking sunsets are the norm...
where the glory of the outdoors surrounds you
and invites you to explore and partake of its great and overflowing bounty.









No comments:

Post a Comment