Friday, March 24, 2017

My Mother's Large Appetite


Song:  Cars

Artist:  Gary Newman


Yesterday...
I had bought my mother a large Italian sandwich from Jimmy Johns for lunch.

My mother is now 78 years old.

She still has a large appetite...
yet she doesn't gain weight.

Her metabolic rate is still high.

I also have a high metabolic rate...
as I had inherited this trait from her.


My mother had eaten this whole sandwich in one sitting.


She eats with the fervor of a small child.

She still loves food.

My mother gets embarrassed sometimes when we eat out.

On our last visit to the nearby Korean BBQ restaurant...
we had many orders of Bulgogi and she had eaten four standard sized bowls of rice
with her meal.

I had eaten six bowls with the meal.

It is funny when the waiters give us funny looks after we eat such large meals.


Notice the boxes in the background.

I shop for her online for many of the bulky items from Walmart online.

Anything total over $35.00...and 2 day shipping is free.

She had received 6 boxes on this day...
and she has more on the way.

All non-food items...
I always try to get them delivered.

This way, there is a lot more room in the car just for food items when I shop for her.










No comments:

Post a Comment