Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Movie Night / Sukiyaki


Song:  Christofori's Dream

Artist:  David Lanz



Last week...
I made some hot buttered popcorn for my mother to eat for movie night.

My mother loves popcorn...
and watching movies.


My mother regularly eats one whole container for herself...
and I will make another one for myself.

Popcorn has lots of fiber...
and is surprisingly healthful.



We watched 'Back To The Future'.

We had often put on closed captioning, as my mother is hard of hearing...
however, just recently, we got her a hearing aid.




The next day...
my younger sister made Oden (not pictured).

A couple of days later...
she and my mother made sukiyaki.

Both are signature dishes of Japan...
and both are very healthful and delicious meals.

They include a copious amount of various vegetables.

I have just included some photos from the sukiyaki...
as sometime in the future...
I will be making both...
and I will give detailed instructions of how to make them.










As the dishes were cooking...
I had my mother practice the song I wish for us to be able to play together
in the future.


When it had finished cooking...
my mother dished the meal...
and we had plenty to eat over the next couple of days
(they made two pans of sukiyaki).




My mother, of course, loves sukiyaki.

Both are so healthful...
I must dedicate an article to each meal (oden and sukiyaki)...
in the near future.












2 comments:

  1. Mmmm, the sukiyaki looks delicious!

    Glad that you got your mother a hearing aid. So many times elderly people resist it, but once they get it they are able to hear much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now we just have to find it. She keeps misplacing it. :)

    ReplyDelete