Saturday, August 4, 2018

Japanese Sweet Potato "Chips"


Song:  Cherry Blossom Storm

Soundtrack:  Okami




Japanese Sweet Potatoes are very nutritious...
and delicious.

I usually bake them...
but...
recently...
my mother wanted something to snack on while watching late night movies.


My wife used to occasionally make these for Alex...
so...
I decided to make some for my mother.


Just wash the outsides of the potatoes.

Leave the skin on...
as they contain much of the nutrition and flavor.


I use about 1/2 inch of olive oil...
and the stove is set to medium high.


Each slice is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.


You simply put them in for about 5 minutes (golden brown)...
and flip them over for the same amount of time.


While the outsides are slightly crisp...
the insides are light and fluffy.

They should not be oily.




And there it is...
a Japanese Sweet Potato Pyramid  :)

Just sprinkle on salt after each batch is finished.

They keep for many days in the fridge...
and they are just as good cold.

They add a lot of fiber...
and they are a healthful snack.

It is a perfect match for movies...
just in case you get tired of hot buttered popcorn.










2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I love how you find new things to make for your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother loves them...as do I. Just another way to eat healthful foods in a delicious way.

    ReplyDelete