Friday, February 8, 2019

Musubi And A Movie


Soundtrack From:  Intro to movie:  The H8ful eight


Last night...
we had decided to eat light.

I pan fried spam slices and cooked rice...
and we had Musubi, miso soup, and Reno Red Hots for supper.

My younger sister then helped make the Musubi.





We will occasionally have this tasty treat...
but only very occasionally.

It is not the most healthful of meals...
but, every rare day...
we will have a sinfully delicious meal...
just because we have a taste for it.


After supper...
I made more pickled and spiced radishes (Reno Red Hots).


I then put on a movie for my mother to enjoy.

She loves watching movies.

I will scroll through Netflix for a movie she might enjoy...
and I will usually make a snack for her to enjoy while watching.



On this night...
I made one of her movie night favorites...
hot buttered popcorn.


I put on The H8ful eight.



And yes...
my mother will eat all of this popcorn...
and frequently ask for more  :)


My mother gets so happy just lying back under a comforter...
and enjoying watching movies while snacking.

She will smile like a child...
and eat handful after handful of hot buttered popcorn.  :)




2 comments:

  1. We had musubi for the first time when we visited Hawaii a couple of years ago and now my wife makes it every now and then. Not particularly healthy, but oh so tasty!

    Ha, that is a big bowl of popcorn that your mother is eating... now I know where you get your appetite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother loves eating...as do I. Yes, I got her appetite. She, as well as do I, burns off everything she eats without gaining too much weight. Although her appetite has decreased in the past year or two...she will still eat a lot of popcorn.

    ReplyDelete