Wednesday, February 6, 2019

A First Supper At My Elder Sister's House


Song:  Free

Artist:  Helen Jane Long


Last night...
my younger sister, Mother, and I, went to my elder sister's house to enjoy her first supper 
that she made in her new house.


Just before going...
I wanted to show one of Hana's favorite places to sleep.

She loves to sleep with me in my bed.

She will visit me every day near my bedtime...
and scratch at my door.

I then let her in so she may hop up on my bed and sleep next to me.

She is such a good companion.

She will often lay her head on one of my pillows...
and sleep the whole time I sleep.

She also loves to hear me practice my bass flute.

She is my number one fan  :)




I took these pictures an hour or so before we left to go to my elder sister's home for supper.


We arrived at my elder sister's home.

They have beautiful mountain views all around them.




My elder sister was busy cooking the beef curry for this night's supper.

She had just gotten some pots and pans...
along with plates and silverware...
and she had gone to get some food for her pantry and fridge.

She still must buy much more...
but she had enough to start cooking meals at home.




She had also bought various kitchen essentials...
such as this espresso machine.



I was surprised at the quality of rice this machine had cooked.

The rice had come out perfectly cooked.


This is one of the upstairs bedrooms.

The far door leads to a covered balcony...
which faces the North Western mountains...
and the sunset.








This is the upstairs bathroom.

The shower and toilet is in the room just beyond this one.


There are two bedrooms upstairs...
and two downstairs...
although they are making one of the downstair's ones into the music room.


My mother enjoyed the TV as my sister got the food ready.




My sisters also enjoyed some wine.


I love their granite stone table.
It is very solid, stable, and roomy.

We first started out with soup and salad.


We then enjoyed the beef curry.

It was very good.




My mother finished off her plate...
and she loved the flavor.


My elder sister's husband showed me some of the items he had taken out of storage
to fill their house.

This is one of the keyboards my elder sister will play once everything is set up in the music room.

The other keyboard is larger.


A Savage .308


A  Contender variable caliber with a .30 - 06 barrel installed.

My elder sister's husband had retrieved two of his rifles.

He loves to go shooting.

We will go shooting together when the weather warms.


After supper...
I enjoyed a cup of espresso...
and then my elder sister's husband and I talked for a while
about our days in the Army...
while my sisters and mother played many hands of some card game.


My mother thoroughly enjoyed her visit there.

She and my sisters talked of things and played hand after hand...
all the while, my mother had a big smile on her face.

Sometime in the near future...
we will be going back for a cooking party.

My sisters and I will be making hundreds of Gyoza to freeze...
so we may enjoy them all year long.


My mother really has a good time at my elder sister's house.

Both of my sisters do things with my mother while she is there.

My mother is very happy now.












2 comments:

  1. So nice now that your elder sister has moved nearby, and has such a nice house where everyone can gather. I'm sure your mother is enjoying every second!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we often visit. My mother is always happy now.

    ReplyDelete