Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Nightly After Supper Walks For Health


Song:  From The Beginning

Group:  Emerson, Lake, and Palmer



Hana loves sleeping on my bed with me.

However, all of the girls of the household (both dogs are also female)...
are getting too complacent in their exercise.

So...we will all go for a little neighborhood walk every night after supper.


Although my mother is a little hesitant to start any exercise...
once she completes it...
she always feels much better.



My mother held the leash for the little one...
and my sister held on to Hana's leash.





We had reached the end of the road just as the trail 
which leads up into the hills started.

I hope for us to climb up the first hill by the end of summer.

By then...
it will still be light during our after supper walks.







My mother said that the little dog pulled her at a fast pace.

My sister had to tell her to slow down.





Everyone felt much better after our walk.

Hopefully, it will develop into a happy nightly healthful habit of walking...
one which we will gradually lengthen.

My mother felt much better after this walk.

I have also been giving her Tumeric Curcumin (capsules 1,500 mg) every night.

It is a natural Anti Inflammatory spice.

She says her knees no longer bother her at all...
so walking is, once again, a pleasure.

I also take her grocery shopping several times a week...
and I have her push the cart...
so she is also getting some exercise with that...
but I will build her night walks into a base for real exercise.

She is also continuing her weight training...
as are both of my sisters.






2 comments:

  1. Good that your mother is able to walk without pain. Nice healthy habit to get into with a nightly walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother will sometimes greatly speed up her stride rate to show off. It is funny because she gets this childlike impish smile on her face when she does so.

    ReplyDelete