Friday, January 19, 2018

Panko Salmon And Music Practice



Song:  Into The West

Cover:  KalikokatPiano

Yesterday...
I made Panko Salmon for supper.



I first defrosted the salmon.


I then started mixing flour and water.


I simply added water until it was the consistency of thick paint.


I then 'painted' the salmon with the flour and water mixture.


Panko is widely available at almost all stores.

If not...almost any Asian market will have some.


I then covered the salmon fillets with the panko.


I used olive oil.


I rarely fry any food...
so, this was just a special treat for my mother.



Two considerations when cooking with oil:

1)  Always place the handle to the cooking container to the inside of the stove.
This will prevent an accidental spillage.

2)  Always have a chemical fire extinguisher nearby
(all kitchens should have one...nearby...but away from the possible fire...
as you may not be able to reach it if it is stored under the stove during a fire).


My mother snacked on cherry tomatoes until supper was ready.


Medium high heat until golden brown on each side.


My mother really liked this supper.

It was the first time I had made it...
as I very seldom fry any food.



The salmon should be light and flakey.


 We then settled in for a couple hours of music practice.

We both practiced our own instruments for the first hour...
and then my mother just listened to me play various songs for the last hour.

I had to cut our music session short as I had to awaken early the next day.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm, the salmon looks delicious! I can see why your mother enjoyed it. You're making me hungry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made butter sautéed flounder today. Tomorrow is my mother’s piano lesson. After her mid afternoon weekly lessons, we usually eat out. We will go to the duck pond and then eat sushi. We will then return to her house to practice music until 10 PM or so.

    ReplyDelete