Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Flute Mama?


Song:  Ave Maria

Artists:  Bass Flute / Flute - Mirella Pantano
Piano - Nicoletta Evangelista


We started out with supper.

I had made Beef Tataki the night before...
so we had that along with Somen...
and Fire Roasted Shishito.







This is a Bass Flute.



Can Mama play it?


NO!

I am just having her pose with it.

The relaxation room is now the Music Room.

The Bass Flute is mine
(Di Zhao Bass Flute).

It just arrived today.

I had been saving up for it for years.

I had ordered it from this great music shop:




Ron McCarley
805-452-6611 mobile
Ron’s Music Studio

I had talked to Ron personally...
and he had given me a great deal.

He was very friendly, and the service was very quick.

He will ship anywhere in the US...
perhaps elsewhere...
talk with Ron.

I played it today...
until my upper lip started to swell  :)



My mother ordered herself a Yamaha Piano 143R...
which will be delivered this Friday
(From Amazon).

It is supposed to have weighted keys like a real piano...
and it is supposed to recreate the sound of their acoustic Grand Piano.


She had once taken piano lessons.

She will be taking them once again.

We will practice together everyday.

My mother is looking forwards to playing duets together.

Music is such a good way to enjoy life...
and a great way to keep the mind sharp.



You may have noticed...
we had to switch around the chairs to make room for her piano.

My next article will be this Friday.

I will show my mother playing her new piano.

In the future...
I hope to be able to include some video of some of our playing.

I will be transposing some of her favorite Japanese music for us to play...
along with some of my favorite songs.


We are looking forward to spending hours everyday...
practicing...practicing...practicing.  


Music is a pathway to the enrichment...
of the mind...
of the soul...
of life.











2 comments:

  1. How nice that you and your mother can share this experience together! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today is the day my mother will recieve her piano. She is excited to play once again.
    Music will help brighten her life, and, will give her more oppotunity for future socialization with others.

    ReplyDelete