Wednesday, September 13, 2017

A Thunderstorm And A Thai Restaurant


Song:  Rain

Artist:  Dax Johnson


Earlier today...
there was a lot of rain, and lightning and thunder.

It was raining when I took my mother out to eat.

As I will be busy all this week...
instead of spending a lot of time cooking my mother's supper...
I decided to take her out to our favorite Thai restaurant.

My mother loves their food.



We started out with an extra large Thai ice tea each.


We then ordered our favorite soup...
the large shrimp hot and sour soup (Tom Sum Goon, I believe)...
which we shared.


We also shared a papaya salad as an appetizer
(this was her share).


My mother always gets happy just before eating.

Her face always lights up whenever she first looks at our feast to come.

Both, she and I, just love to eat delicious food.



We also shared an order of chicken green curry.

My mother was feeling so good after our meal that she exclaimed that it was 
one of the most delicious meals she has ever had.

We especially love the spices used in Thai food.

It always has a very clean taste...
almost refreshing.

My mother was especially happy that she would have plenty of leftovers 
for the morrow's lunch.



On the way to drop my mother off...
I stopped just down the street from her house...
and I took this picture to show that the rain had stopped.
Although, we could still see lightning from across the valley.


When I left my mother's house...
my mother was still crowing about how delicious the meal was.

This is the goal for every meal.

One should always feel great satisfaction at the completion of every meal.

Then one may relax and watch a favorite show...
or perhaps, a movie.


Either way...
the end of each day should be satisfying and relaxing.

Sleep will then be welcome.






2 comments:

  1. I always love seeing the photos and reading your descriptions of your mother enjoying her meals so much. It is great that she has such a good appetite, and very nice that you can take her to places where she can have such delicious meals.

    That is quite a photo of the night view of the valley. Quite a sight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother always has the time of her life when we eat out. I have her pick the one at which she most feels like eating.

    My mother loves the city lights below. Every time she sees them...she exclaims how beautiful they are...just like a child :)

    ReplyDelete