Monday, September 4, 2017

Dinner At The Texas Roadhouse


Song:  Fire On The Mountain

Group:  The Marshall Tucker Band



Last night...
I took my mother out to the Texas Roadhouse for supper.

Every so often...
we wish to explore other restaurants.

Although there were problems with our meal...
I was very pleased in how the management had handled it.



The rolls were hot and delicious.



We always drink non-alcoholic beer with our suppers.


We had ordered medium WELL Prime Ribs.

We got them...
and they were medium RARE!

I called over the waiter.

He apologized...
and took them back.

A few minutes later...
he brought them back...
and they were still medium rare.

The waiter got the assistant manager.

The assistant manager came over and apologized.

She then took them back to the kitchen.

A few minutes later...
she brought them back.

This time the manager came with them.

I immediately cut into it...
and found that, although it was done well enough...
it still was not medium well (it was more medium).

The manager apologized.

He said that a dedicated steak house should get it right the first time...
never mind not getting it right after the third time.

He had asked me if I wanted to have them try it again.

I said NO!

I was hungry...
and it was good enough  :)

The manager then said he would take 50% off the bill for having had us wait
for something that should have been done right the first time.

I thanked him.

That is the way to correctly manage problems!

I ended up tipping the waiter as if it were a full price dinner.

The waiter was not at fault.

No doubt the cook was inexperienced.

Any way...
two meals for the price of one.

It turned out to be a good night.

We took all of the trimmings to Hana...
and she had quite a feast that night.


On the way home...
I had seen a peek-a-boo sunset.



---------

I had gotten back from an almost one week trip a few days ago.

My elder sister had stayed with my mother until I had gotten back.

The day after I got back...
I took them shooting at my favorite shooting place.

In Nevada...
so long as you shoot safely...
you are out of the city limits...
and you are at least 1 mile away from any residences...
you may put up targets and set up your own shooting range.


This is where I go to set up my targets to shoot.

My brother in law took his Springfield 45 semi auto pistol.

We were firing at the tiny metal rotating targets...
and various limbs of the dead tree.


Next time I go....
I will take out my Mossberg 590 shotgun...
my Ruger SP 101 357...
and my son's scoped Marlin 795 22.





My brother in law is a retired NCO in the Army.


My elder sister had fun shooting.



The metal target got bent up a bit.

I will be getting a better target in the future.





I am thinking of taking my mother out to the mountains just at the end of her street
to teach her Archery, soon.

I will first have to take her to a sports store to get a child's bow...
as the one I have for Alex is too heavy of a draw for her.

We will be able to shoot near her home...
as just a few houses away...
the mountain trails start.








2 comments:

  1. I wonder if restaurants are reluctant to cook steaks well done (or even medium well) for fear that some customers will think they overcooked it. Perhaps they have been burned in the past by people who did not understand what they were asking for. Nevertheless, they should have gotten the order right, certainly by the second time around! Glad that the manager handled the problem. The steak sure looked good!

    Sure is nice to have such wide open spaces to go shooting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was astounded! When I was in Indiana last week, I had gone to a Texas Roadhouse restaurant near my hotel. I had ordered the same thing, and not only had they gotten it right the first time, it was the most delicious Prime Rib I had in my life.

    Yes, I love that I may go shooting any time I wish. I only feel free living near the country side so I may easily go sightseeing, fish (at least attempt to :), hike, or shoot.

    ReplyDelete