Thursday, September 8, 2022

Backyard By Day And By Moonlight

 


Song:  Romance De Amore 

Artist:  Xuefei Yang


The backyard plants are starting to show their growth.

My mother loves her backyard.

I just put up some solar powered lights for her night time enjoyment.

Her flower bed is just starting to bloom...
although some of the flowers won't make an appearance until next year.





My mother loves the sound the waterfall makes.


These solar powered lights are excellent.

I have the flowerbed lights on their lowest setting...
and the waterfall lights on the medium setting.



My elder sister often takes my mother out to sit in the backyard and enjoy 
some coffee.




Bandi loves to climb on my elder sister.



Japanese maples are relatively slow growers...
but they are well worth the wait.


The gladiolas were the first to start blooming.





The ground covers bloom all summer long...
but will take a while to spread as they grow.


My mother even gets to enjoy her neighbor's flowers as some may be seen from her backyard.



My mother is often awake in the middle of the night.

Last night...
after I put in the lights...
I took her out for a moonlight showing of her backyard.

Next time...
I will make a pizza for us to enjoy as we look out at her backyard.







The waterfall looks beautiful covered in snow in the winter.

These lights are supposed to be water and frost resistant.

We will see about their performance as the years go by.

However, so far, they work well...
and as they have a built in photosensor...
every time I look out at the backyard at night...
it is alight without me having to do anything more.

On the lowest setting...
the lights will burn continuously for 25 hours...
and on the medium setting...
for 15 hours.

On high setting...
they only run for 8 hours.

And so...
I put the waterfall lights on medium.

This way the battery in each unit will never fully discharge...
and one day's worth of sun will keep the battery fully charged.

These or so superior to the wired lights.

Well...
sometime next week my mother and I will enjoy a hot pizza
while we look out over the yard at night.


----------------------------


Addendum:  9 / 11 / 2022

My mother and I ate pizza on the patio near midnight.

It was just a light midnight snack...
but food always tastes better somehow...
outside with a nice view.

There was a nice summer breeze blowing...
neither too warm...
nor too cool.







2 comments:

  1. I hadn't realized how much I had to catch up on... going from snow all the way back to summer on this post.

    Your mother's backyard is such a beautiful peaceful setting for her to enjoy her days and nights. I'm sure it's nice to eat outside when the weather is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my mother feels most comfortable here, in her own home. I try to keep her meals nutritious as well as delicious, and with the occasional addition of just the delicious :)

    ReplyDelete