Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Duck Pond, Sushi, And A Surreal Sunset


Song:  Age Of Aquarius

Group:  The Fifth Dimension



The other day...
my elder sister, my mother, and I...
took my mother to the duck pond and then to eat all you can eat sushi.








And then a couple of days later...
I looked up at the sky in the evening...
and I just knew we would have a beautiful sunset.

I called my elder sister and told her my mother and I
would pick up her and her husband up on the way to Prosser Reservoir.











The clouds were such that they had filled the sky.


No matter in which direction we had turned...
the clouds were turning colors.



After the sky kept getting more colorful...
we had found ourselves front and center of a fantastical vividly multi colored montage 
as if we had been dropped into a maelstrom of almost neon colors.

Front...left...right...up...back...
all filled with beautiful colors.

















My mother had commented on the great beauty before us.























This was also one of the longest lasting sunsets I had ever seen.

Just when we thought the light was fading...
it would brighten again.

After the light had finally faded...
we departed for our short drive home.

------------

What a great finish to what has been a great couple of days.

I have been living the retirement dream.

My book is moving along...
I had finished a musical composition which just seemed to flow.
It took only about 10 hrs from inception to completion...
and it is one of my project compositions.

My son is doing very well and is loving life.

This is what I had envisioned when I dreamed of retirement
all during my work years.

I am living the dream.













2 comments:

  1. You've shown us a lot of great sunsets before, but this one has to be one of the all-time bests! I love that the look kept changing with one spectacular shot after another! Wow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a most spectacular sunset. We were in the center of a grand sunset. The only thing which would have made it more perfect would be if Pink Floyd were playing shore side :) My mother loved it.

    ReplyDelete