Friday, October 11, 2019

My Elder Sister Over For Hambuger Night



Song:  Into The Dark

Artist:  Jesse Cook

My elder sister and her husband came over for supper.

I made Hatch Chili Burgers with a tomato and onion salad.


 One container of cherry tomatoes...
and one half bunch of green onions should be used for each individual's salad.

The hatch chilis are on the left.
They, and the white onions, are for the burgers.


Hatch Chilis have some heat, but not an overpowering amount...
and, I mellowed their heat through fire roasting. 

What remained was a chili with its full aromatic and palate pleasing power...
without too much heat.




I find this to be the best dressing for this particular salad. 
This salad is particularly healthful.

Eat this at least a couple times a month.



While we ate the salad...
I started the burgers (after I ate my salad).


You must have thick patties to preserve their juiciness.


  

This is about the right amount of chilis...
unless you are like me...
and like a bit more heat.

I find extra sharp cheddar works well with this burger. 

Also, mixed baby greens add flavor.



My mother and I like a full slice of thick cut white onion on the burger.

I also put on some ketchup, horse radish, and Yum Yum sauce.

For the first time...
my burgers tasted very good.




We finished off with some peach pie.


My elder sister and her husband are leaving for home.
They said good bye to Hana and Bandi.





The extra thick burger patties made all the difference in the world.

These were juicy...
and the hatch chilis delivered extra flavor and heat.



2 comments:

  1. The hamburgers look good, and so do the salads - very colorful! Congrats on a good meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I surprised myself. My previous attempt was not so good. The key is to keep the patties thick. Next time, I am going to make BBQ Burgers.

    ReplyDelete