Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Gourmet Burger Night At Red Robin


Song:  Theme from Midnight Cowboy

Composer:  John Barry


On this night...
my mother and I went out to eat at Red Robin.

We go here whenever we feel like a really good burger.





I had requested to sit in the closed off area...because...well...
the customer is king  :)

We ordered the Western BBQ burger with slight modifications.

Instead of the shoestring onions on the burger...
I requested raw onion slices.

My mother and I had ordered the same thing...
medium well done...and delicious.


My mother and I love a good burger.

These are half a pound of juicy beef.

It has a charbroiled taste with just a hint of BBQ flavor...
making this a finely balanced burger.

You can taste both savory flavors in each bite.



We always order O'doul's non-alcohol beer.

When you have a good burger...
this just goes so well with them.


Although my mother's mouth looks small...
she can take a full bite out of these half pounders :)



My mother acts like a child at times.

Before she was even half way done...
she told me to order two more for us to eat  :)

Her eyes were bigger than her stomach.


Just before finishing off her burger...
she realized that one each was enough.

I wasn't going to order any more...
as I know how big a half pounder really is.


My mother finished off her half pound burger and her beer...
and said she felt fully satisfied by the delicious burger.

I then ordered a small stack of cronuts.

These come out piping hot...
and come with hot fudge and berry dipping sauces.



It seems my eyes were bigger than my stomach  :)

They were delicious...
but as I had eaten a late lunch...
I was full after just one.

My mom took them home to eat later.


My mother smiling like a child, with food in hand.

She gets delighted every time we eat out.

We had a very good meal...
but, as I was tired...
I dropped her off at her home...
and I just relaxed for the rest of the night at my home.


My mother loves eating out...
and she says she wants to eat out at least twice a week.

I told her that it would then not be special.

So...
we shall only eat out once a week...at most.


We now have our favorite burger place.

I will have to research places for different ethnic dishes...
as eating out is part of the adventure, and one of the great simple pleasures, of life.








No comments:

Post a Comment