Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Sunrise And The Rainbow Cloud


Song:  Look Into The Future

Group:  Journey



As my mother missed the most colorful portion of the previous night's sunset...
I took her to the same spot just down the street from her home
for the sunrise.






I had a hard time having her focus on the sunrise.

She kept trying to take off her jacket.

She was wearing two jackets and she wanted to cover Hana, her dog, with her inner jacket.

I had just zipped it up for her...
and she kept unzipping it...:(






Within a few minutes of her giving up on taking her jacket off...
she looked at me and said...."I have to go pee"....Argh!!!

I quickly drove her home and then returned for the rest of the sunrise with Hana.

I just let my mother take her time at home.


Hana and I returned to the lookout within a few minutes.

Hana was fascinated with the coyotes howling in the distance.



Hana is such a gentle dog.


I then looked up at this cloud.

I was sure I had seen a very rare green in it.



Yes...
it was a very rare rainbow cloud.

The sun was hitting it just right and it refracted the rays
so a rainbow of colors came through.

The angle was just right to where I was standing...
as the sun was still below the horizon in relation to me.


At first there were more reds...


and then the greens really came out.




And then the reds came out more.




Just as the sun crested my horizon...
the cloud started to break apart and soon...
almost disappear. 

The colors of the sunrise and sunset happen so quickly...
and change so rapidly here.

In just a few minutes...
sometimes in moments...
rare colors appear...
and just as quickly...
disappear.



Right afterwards...
I drove back and spotted my mother walking down the street
(not the sidewalk)...
holding an armload of jackets.

I had her get in and I drove her home.

Later today...
I am going to take her to an outdoor sporting goods store 
to buy some folding chairs for her to watch the sunsets and sunrises
in comfort.

I will take along a blanket for her along with her jacket...
and...
I will ensure she uses the bathroom just before we leave  :)



My mother enjoys going out to watch the sunrises and sunsets.

I am thinking of taking her...
and my elder sister and her husband to Lower Eagle Falls
for a sunrise there...soon.

I will be keeping an eye open for clouds over Lake Tahoe.
The sunrise should be colorful then.






2 comments:

  1. Looks cold. What is the overnight temperature these days?

    I've never seen a rainbow cloud... wow, so cool to see that green color!

    Do any coyotes come close to the residential areas? Just yesterday, two coyotes approached my wife while she was walking two dogs on path through a grassy field. One came within five feet of her and did not back away even when she screamed at it. She said they finally left her alone when she made it back to the street but that took about 7-8 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The temperature is around the 40s - 50s for the lows at night. The wind blows a little at lookout point, so my mother wraps up really well. I have only once seen a coyote, however, it was bigger than a German Shepard. They have cross breeds here, part coyote and part wolf. One time after we had walked in the hills near my mother's, a whole pack had started howling. That is when I got the large and heavy walking stick for my mother.

    It is the first time I had seen any such cloud in my life. I was very fortunate. I had never seen green in a cloud before.

    ReplyDelete