Sunday, July 15, 2018

Asian Spaghetti / Duck Pond / Restarting Weight Training


Song:  Guantanamera

Group:  The Sandpipers



Today I made Asian Spaghetti for my mother and younger sister.

For this dish...
and for the Reno Red Hots (Pickles)...
I give a full recipe for them earlier in this blog.

Just type in the search function on this blog to get the appropriate articles.

My wife taught me this particular dish.

She created it for our son...Alex.

Alex loves his mother's cooking...
and this is one of his favorite dishes.

This dish will serve a family of 5 - 6 easily.

The cost per person works out to about $2.

It is highly nutritious...
inexpensive...
easily made...
and keeps well as leftovers.



I started supper by poaching 1 lb of salmon...
and boiling the thick spaghetti noodles.


These are the spices used in this dish.


I use two bunches of the green onions for the dish...
and one bunch for the salad.


I use one whole container (1.5 lbs) of these absolutely delicious cherry tomatoes
for the tomato salad.


While the salmon and noodles were cooking...
I started on the salad.


I cut the onions into about 1/2 to 1" sections.


I then bowled the mixture.


This particular dressing goes so well with this salad.


The tomato salad is ready to eat.


This salad was introduced to me by my younger sister.

I love it.

The tomatoes just explode with a juicy and tart flavor...
and the onions add the additional zing to really tantalize the taste buds.

This is a really healthful and delicious salad.

You simply must give this salad a try.


My mother also really likes this salad.


After I had finished my salad...
I minced the poached salmon and drained the spaghetti noodles...
and set them aside.


I then diced the remaining two bunches of green onions.


Everything was then set for the last phase of this dish.


I then put in the noodles and salmon...
and added sesame oil and Memmi...
and heated it on high...
all the while mixing everything to ensure the noodles and salmon had an even coating
of the sauce mixture...
and that it was served piping hot.

Do not add in the onions or the seaweed until it is plated.




My mother absolutely loves this dish...
as does my younger sister.

It is also my favorite spaghetti dish.



This was my plate.


I like to mix everything together before eating it.


These are some Reno Red Hots I made a few days ago.


My supper.

The Reno Red Hots go so well with this dish.


After my mother, younger sister, and I had our fill...
there was plenty left over for lunch on the morrow.


I then drove everyone to a nearby duck pond to enjoy a short time in the fresh air.

My mother loves looking at the ducks.






My sister and I had used a bag of puffed rice to attract the ducks to us.




We then drove back home to start their weight training session.


My younger sister trying out some of the equipment.


It has been a while since my mother has weight trained.

So...
I started her at the beginning again.



Afterwards...
everyone took a nice hot shower.

I will then put in a good movie for my mother and sister to enjoy
before they go to sleep.


-------------


Life is too short to not be lived by enjoying the simple pleasures
so easily had.

The best way to amplify the simple pleasures in life is to
follow a strict adherence to the basic three:

1)  Nutritious and Delicious Diet

2)  Exercise

3)  Deep Restorative Sleep


This will set the stage for a beautiful life.











No comments:

Post a Comment