Tuesday, July 17, 2018

IV - Dragon Lights Festival Reno - Dusk


Song:  Land Of Oz

Artist:  Hilary Stagg



If you are anywhere within a few hours of Reno...
this festival is a must see.

Children, especially, will find this a magical place at night.

As my mother is a child at heart
(and as I am often times childish  :)...
we just loved it here...
especially when it got dark.

Even though my mother got tired from all the walking...
she still loved seeing all of the displays.







Did my mother spot something scary?

No...
she spotted a bench to rest upon  :)


My mother resting on a bench for a bit.


However...
in the above and below shots...
she could still view some of the displays from her resting area.

We would sit here for a good ten minutes while my mother
rested her legs...
and then she was ready to see the rest of the displays.









At the end of her rest...
we continued on to view more of the spectacular displays.














































And so...
our magical journey into the land of (Chinese) OZ had come to an end.


The group which had put on this display is Chinese... 
and their goal is to give a taste of Chinese culture to America.

Mission accomplished.

This is the way to give a glimpse of culture to another land...
through the great beauty of its arts.

What a magnificent display of craftsmanship.


China has a great culture...
and they had given us a great show of just a portion of it.


This is the type of festival which I greatly enjoy and admire.

I would much rather see this type of artistic display than going to any museum.

This is true art.

The colors just come alive...
truly magnificent!


The only thing I would add to this festival to improve it...
 to have a large outdoor seating Dim Sum eatery.

What a great treat that would be!


-------------


On the way home...
I told my mother that since we had walked several miles on this night...
we had done two days worth of exercise...
and so, on the morrow...
we could rest.

That made my mother smile once more  :)













No comments:

Post a Comment