Monday, July 16, 2018

I - Dragon Lights Festival Reno - Daytime


Song:  Cello Ascends
Group:  The Piano Guys


We just came back from the Dragon Lights Festival in Reno.

I took my mother and my younger sister to this magnificent light display.

As I had taken so many photos...
I will have to break this up into four articles.

This first article covers the day walk.

The second covers the late day to evening shots.

The third will cover the late evening to night shots.

The fourth article will cover the night shots.

There is a world of difference once it got dark...
and the lanterns lit up the night.

It gave a surreal effect which was just magical to behold.

What a great time we had there.

In all...
we had walked several miles.

Near the end of the day...
we had to break up our walk by taking breaks on benches so my mother
could rest her legs.


The festival opened up at 7 PM...
and we were one of the first ones in.

In all...
there were 44 separate displays...
and over 1,000 lanterns in total.

This particular park is but 10 minutes from my mother's house...
and it is near the University of Nevada Reno.





























We stopped to rest part way through our walk.






By the way everything was set up...
I could just tell it would be a magical night ahead.












No comments:

Post a Comment