Thursday, September 5, 2019

Bulgogi And A Flaming Sunset


Song:  Most Beautiful Splendor

Artist:  Parijat



This evening...
we stopped in a neighborhood Poke and Beef Bowl quick restaurant.

It had just opened up this year.

My elder sister had told me about it yesterday...
so my mother and I just had to try it today  :)




We both had Bulgogi over rice.





This is the Best Bulgogi in all of Reno!

For all the years I have been in Reno...
finally...finally a place which knows how to make proper Bulgogi!
(They make it to order...it is NOT pre-made and warmed up!)

They had also given me samples of their Asian chicken wings and boneless chicken...
with different Asian sauces.

We are going back to try one of their many different dishes.

They are open seven days a week from 11 AM until 9 PM.

We will be sure to go back often.

I got a frequent eater card.

I just LOVE Bulgogi.


After eating...
it was nearing sunset...
so, we decided to go to Prosser Reservoir...
which is just a few country miles from home  (a short 1/2 hour scenic mountain drive).


I set up the chairs in our favorite spot.


As the sun had yet to set...
I had initially set up the chairs facing the other side of the lake to avoid the sun in our eyes.





My mother pointing to some clouds in the sky.
She is like a child, happily pointing out interesting objects when we go into the country.


Once the sun had set...
I pointed our chairs in its direction.









The clouds took on the appearance of a massive forest fire.


This is a flaming sunset.


After the intense colors faded away...
my mother started picking the tops of some nearby plants and removed the seeds...




Whereupon she threw them on various places on the ground just before us.



She then proudly pointed out the various places she had "planted" new plants  :)


Some colors then emerged on the far side of the reservoir.





Then where the sun had set...
a new set of colors emerged.








The red puffy clouds overlaid with the red mist like wispy clouds
 combined with the dark trees in the foreground gave it a surreal appearance.


My mother enjoyed another good country outing.

Full bellies, combined with fresh air and colorful skies...
made for a very nice evening.

Sometime in the near future...
I will take my Bass Flute out for a sunset and my mother will then become 
the photographer as I play some songs during the sunset.

My mother is looking forwards to operating the camera...
and listening to me play some of her favorite songs.

She said she especially likes my latest composition...
"Sunset".








2 comments:

  1. Looks like you can get just about any kind of food in your area... glad that there's a good new spot for bulgogi.

    You're showing that you have to stay long after the sun sets. Those "after" pictures are gorgeous.

    Can't wait to see the photos your mother will take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best colors come out after the sun actually sets...sometimes ten to fifteen or more minutes afterwards. It is fun to see my mother have the enthusiasm of a child in her wonderment as she looks out at the skies during sunrise and sunset.

    ReplyDelete