Thursday, October 10, 2019

First Fall Color Country Drive


Song:  Enchantment

Artists:  Chris Spheeris / Paul Voudouris



First off...
I am going to post some pictures from the last few days.


Hana and Bandi love sleeping on my bed while I am on the computer.

Bandi is getting SO big.
She is growing at such a rapid pace.

Her weight is just right for her age.  
She is now almost six months old.






I made fire roasted ponzu peppers again...
as I do every so often.

We just love them.





My mother is saying...
"They're so good!"


I usually drink only non-alchoholic beer.

I love Coors non-alchoholic beer with certain suppers.  There is zero bitterness.

My mother loves Blue moon Belgian White beer.


We both love Hawaii Zuke (Spiced Takuwan)...
however, it is not nearly spicy enough...
so...


I add 1/3 cup of Korean crushed red peppers to them.




They have this delicious sweet hot flavor with the added peppers.


We also both love Brioche.


A few days ago...
I tried my hand at making steaks again.

I know...I know.

I tried to get fancy...and butter sautee them after baking them.

Each steak was a little over a pound.


Although we ate them...
they weren't that good.

I finished off 2 lbs of steak...
and my mother ate 1 lb.

We will just visit a good steakhouse in the future.

-----------

The rest of the photos I took yesterday.

The fall colors are just emerging in our area.

We went on a drive through the mountains to the north to try to see some 
early fall colors. 

(My sisters, brother in law, mother, and me)

We will be going next week to see some much better fall colors...
but I wanted to get back out into the mountains.

My mother had a great time.

She was happy and laughing...
and chirping like a bird ALL day long (talking).


We stopped at a mountain grill for breakfast.
They had some pretty good burgers.


We followed a river in the mountains for quite a while.

We stopped to walk out a little on this little bridge.


The rocks are deceptive in appearance.

Each of the large ones are the size of a house.


We stopped along the road at a rest stop for a few minutes.


















There weren't that many colors to see on this day.

Next week, we should have much larger areas covered
in beautiful colors.


















2 comments:

  1. We are often disappointed when we cook steaks at home. I think it has more to do with the quality of the steaks that grocery stores sell compared to what you can get at a good steakhouse. Certainly not our cooking ability. :)

    I love takuwan but can't handle really spicy foods. But it looks great!

    This must be one of the best times of the year for getting outside. The temperature is nice and crisp but not too cold, and the fall colors are just coming out. Will look forward to seeing more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had made some good hamburgers for supper. My elder sister and husband came over. At least I know that I can do that right.

    I can hardly wait for next week. There should be much in the way of colors.

    ReplyDelete