Friday, November 6, 2015

An Inexpensive, Quick, And Healthful Meal - I


Song:  Bolero

Performing Orchestra Conducted By:  Andre Rieu



Before I go into the first of this series
of inexpensive, quick, and healthful meals...
on this evening, my mother took her first neighborhood walk since moving here.

We have been spending our time shopping and furnishing her new home...
so, today was our first walk here.


The air was crisp and refreshing.
Just down her street is this city lookout point (telephoto was used).
At night, all of Reno may be seen from here.


There is a 360 degree view from here of all the mountains.




I had Hana's leash as my mother walked along behind us.


Now...
I will be including some very easy meals for senior citizens to make.

This Frozen Tuna sells for $14.75 a lb.
It is almost always sold in Asian markets.

However...
it may be bought in smaller sizes.

One lb of Tuna will feed a family of 5...
or 3 - 4 hungry adults.

All fish bought in stores...
or served in all Sushi restaurants...
unless it was caught and sold from local fishermen off the docks...
is frozen.

If you choose to eat raw fish...
be sure it had been frozen.

This kills any parasites which may have infected the fish.

This includes any ocean or freshwater fish.

You simply store it in your freezer...
then thaw in a pan of warm water...
slice it, and you have...


Sashimi.


With just some rice, wasabi (Japanese horseradish paste)...
and soy sauce...
and any vegetables you desire...
you have a high protein...
nutritious and delicious meal.

Another advantage of this is that you may store many pounds of frozen tuna
in your freezer for a quick meal any time.

*Note that the beer my mother and I drink is...O'douls (non - alcoholic).


As there was plenty of Tuna left...
my mother had given some to her dog...Hana.


You could always grill the rest and store it in your refrigerator for consumption
in salads, sandwiches, or in a variety of other dishes.

It is also good by itself with rice.

--------------

*Note the large container in the picture.
It is a dog food container which holds 50 lbs of dog food.

It is on wheels...
and it is perfect for storing rice.

It will easily store over 100 lbs of rice.
The lid locks and seals the contents.
It was very inexpensive at Walmart.

Hana has the same container for her dog food...
except that it stores half the amount.

-------------

Another great food product is sprouts.

I will devote my next article just to sprouts.

My mother has several lbs. of sprout seeds in one of her kitchen cabinets.

Specifically...
Broccoli and Daikon (Japanese Radish) sprouting seeds.

There is a specific reason for these particular seeds...
I will explain the reason in my next article.

They are easily bought off of Amazon.

I will also show a very good seed sprouter in the later article.



The first step for sprouting seeds...
is to soak the needed amount in water overnight.

For the particular sprouter my mother has...
just two tablespoons of seeds per tray is enough.

The first tablespoon is of the Daikon sprout seeds.


The second tablespoon is of Broccoli sprout seeds.


Just put them into a small bowl and fully submerge them in water overnight.


My next article will provide evidence for the great value of sprouts
(nutritionally and monetarily).








No comments:

Post a Comment