Thursday, November 19, 2015

My Mother Engaging In Some Outdoor Activities


Song:  Cello Ascends

Artists:  The Piano Guys


When my mother arrived here in Reno in mid July...
she was very out of shape.

I put her on a regimen of healthful eating...
exercise, and restful sleep.

She got in shape relatively quickly.

Besides weight training...
I had her do rucksack night walks.

She eventually worked her way up to walking up to two miles...
with half a mile of the walk...going up hill.





After being able to do the night walks for two miles...
she could walk with ease on regular outings.

She is here with my son...
on the UNR campus where he attends part time.


We had gone to Pyramid Lake on one day...
to catch the sunset.





My mother...
and my son, Alex...
get along very well.




We also had gone to the Truckee River...
for a three mile hike.



She had walked most of the way with her grandson...Alex (my son).



I had walked with her part of the way.


On another outing...
we did a partial hike of the Mt. Rose Trail.





We are at over 9,000 feet in elevation here.


My mother had never hiked at so high an elevation before.


We had later stopped at a Lake Tahoe lookout
(there was a big forest fire burning in California...
this is the reason the normally crystal clear air is smokey in this photo).

--------------------

My mother now knows how much sweeter life can be
if you but take the time to enjoy the many simple pleasures in it.

The simple pleasures of life are greatly magnified if one engages in physical training.

She also realizes this.



After feeling so much better with the abundance of simple pleasures
so readily available to residents of Reno, NV...
my mother decided to move here...
just a few minutes from where I live.


In one of my future articles...
I will go over her search for...
and of her finding her present house in Reno, NV...
and her resulting happiness with her new way of life here.

My next article will cover 'Reno Red Hots'...
a very delicious homemade pickle.















No comments:

Post a Comment