Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Gifts From My Elder Sister: Homemade Clothes For My Mother



Song:  Wishing You Were Here

Group:  Chicago


While my family and I were away for a week...
my elder sister had driven over from her home in California to stay
with my mother while we were gone.


She had taken her sewing machine to my mother's house so she could
make a comfortable lounging shirt for her to wear around the house.


Before her arrival at my mother's house...
my sister had already made another lounging shirt and a happi coat for her to wear...
and she had given it to her upon her arrival.

I don't know if my sister already had my mother's measurements...
or if she had guesstimated the measurements needed.



 I especially liked the designs on the material she had used for this shirt.


My mother has been wearing her happi coat every day since my sister went back
to her home in CA.

The happi coat is triple layered...
the designed outer side...
the insulation between the outer layers...
and the black inner side.

My sister had made the top with an attached tie on the top...
and a removable waist tie.


My sister had also sewn in some floral designs to help stabilize the inner insulation.


My mother often remarks how she misses her daughters...
but now she has some comfortable wear made from one of them to help 
remember her by.

My sister had also gifted me with an embroidered portrait of a Shiroi Tora (White Tiger).

This one she had bought.

It was made by a Chinese artist who makes art...one hand stitch at a time.




Last night...
I had roasted nearly a kilo of beef...
and we had eaten half of it as a roast...
and we then made Beef Tataki with the rest.

I also fire roasted shishito to enjoy with our meals.

We will be eating the rest of the meat...and the shishito... tonight.


In my next article...
I will show what we had done to make both meals.





No comments:

Post a Comment