Saturday, October 26, 2019

1/2 lb Hickory Smoked BBQ Burgers


Song:  Breeze From St. Maries

Artist:  Jesse Cook


My mother visits my elder sister during the days.

She is here on the recliner watching TV...
and working on something.

I am not sure what it was...
but, it was important to her  :)



My elder sister's backyard is now in...
although, it is not completely finished.

The artificial turf looks and feels like live grass...
but without any maintenance or brown spots.

It also saves money as you do not have to have a lawn service.


That concrete pad will hold her endless swimming pool.

It pumps water at a fast rate so you may fully swim while remaining motionless...
as if you were fighting a strong river current.

It will arrive in a few weeks.

It will be fully heated...
and it has a motorized hard cover which raises and acts as a sun shade while inside.

The steps will lead to the pool once it is in.

My sister plans to use it everyday...
even in winter...
and my mother will use it also...
although I doubt she will use it in winter  :)


They also got a gas grill.




They got their burning bushes, Japanese maples, and other trees in.



My sister is setting up a dog agility course for Kenji.



As the pool will be raised...
the above two pictures will be the view from inside it.



My sister is looking forwards to enjoying her backyard...
especially her endless pool.

She insists that she will be out swimming in it...
even in the snow.



On our way home...
we stopped off to get some groceries for this night's meal.

My elder sister and her husband came over last night for 1/2 lb BBQ burgers.


We started out with Caesar's salad. 


I like Hawaiian bread...
and these went well with the burgers.


This is very good BBQ sauce.

I was going to make my own...
however, after researching how to make some...
I figured it was not worth it.

We don't eat it often enough to justify the expense or effort involved.



These patties came infused with hickory smoke flavoring.

I usually cook only two patties per pan...
but I wanted the other pan to butter and brown the buns.

I will only cook two per pan in the future.

Too much liquid came out when I put in four.







I love the crunch and flavor of a full and thick slice of white onion on my burgers.



My elder sister, her husband, and I...
finished our burgers.

A 1/2 lb burger is a little too much for my mother...
but, the dogs loved my mother's leftovers  :)
(My mother removed the onions...they are toxic to dogs)

If there is one quintessential food of America...
I would have to say it is the burger.

I LOVE burgers.

I am going to keep trying to make different style burgers in the future.








2 comments:

  1. The outdoor area of your sister's house is looking so nice. My wife highly approves of the agility course for Kenji. She says it is especially good for active dogs who benefit from the mental and physical stimulation. My wife also wants to get an endless swimming pool for our son. It will be great exercise for your sister. Hopefully your mother will enjoy it as well.

    The burgers look good! I like to toast the buns as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister also takes her dog on daily walks. He is highly energetic.

    The pool will also have a treadmill and rowing machine inside. My mother will be using those...hopefully on a daily basis. Afterwards they intend to use her sauna to thoroughly warm up on cold days.

    I am thinking of making mozzarella burgers next time.

    ReplyDelete