Friday, June 21, 2019

My Elder Sister Exercising Using The Farmer's Walk


Song:  Eight Miles High

Group:  The Birds


I have been training my elder sister in weight and strength training
for a couple of months now.

She does the trap bar deadlift once a week...
the Bench Press and Rows once a week...
and three times a week...
she does the Farmer's Walk.


She ordered this trap bar from Amazon.  
It weighs about 50 lbs bare.

You then add weights to the bar as you progress in strength and fitness.

As my elder sister is now 60 years old...
it is crucial that she not only weight trains...
but for her to do weighted walks.

The Farmer's Walk is a premium exercise for not only strength and fitness...
but it will remineralize the bones from neck to toes.

This is especially critical for females, as they suffer from osteoporosis 
far more, and to a greater degree, than do men.

The Farmer's Walk is what my son and I was also doing.

She walks about the same distance as had we (1/4 mile)...
but with far less weight.

As her conditioning increases...
I will have her add weight.

Just lifting weights alone will not build the bones
nearly so quickly, or so well, as does the Farmer's Walk because
there is a gentle jarring on all the supporting bones
as you walk with heavy weight in your hands.

The most vulnerable bones...
and the ones to first degrade from osteoporosis, are the vertebrae 
(loss of height and hunched backs).

The bones most often broken in elderly women are the heads of the femurs
(Broken hip).

This one exercise will greatly decrease the incidence or severity 
of the incidence should they happen, in the elderly.

It is also important for men.

Everyone would greatly benefit from such exercise.

If one could only do one exercise...
this would be the one.

Another benefit is the great cardiovascular effect when appreciable weight is carried.

It will force very deep breathing and will greatly strengthen and condition
all of the major muscles and the cardiovascular system in the body.

This one exercise will greatly increase the amount of Growth Hormone 
released in the body.  

This hormone is the master hormone which gives youthful effects to people 
(optimum release is in teen years...and is greatly declined in the elderly).

Overall body fat is decreased...
the collagen output is increased...
resulting in better joints and more youthful skin...
as well as a greater amount of energy, mental acuity, and emotional balance.

Everyday walking will soon become a breeze...
as each person will feel the energy and solidity of body of the gods.

I will try to get my mother to do this exercise also.

Although, I will be right next to her as she does it...
as she sometimes has balance issues...
but this will also improve that.






My sister actually found this exercise session to be rather easy.

I will let her get used to it for a few weeks before having her add 5 lbs to the bar.


Right afterwards...
my sister took her dog on a walk around the neighborhood.


My mother and I had supper at my sister's house.

Tomorrow...
we will be going to a food truck fest at one of the parks in town.

There are a collection of 40 food trucks which gather in one place once a week...
and which offer food from around the world and free bands playing.

I love food...
so...
we will be going there to try some different food.

On Saturday...
we will be meeting up with my younger sister at her house
and we will then be going to a Chinese Lantern festival.

Many hundreds of people will be lighting and sending aloft...
mini-hot air balloons made from paper into the night sky.

I have never been to it...
and we will actually be parked at a distance and taking photos of the liftoff.

I hate crowds...
so...
we will go late and just take photos from just outside the area.













2 comments:

  1. That's nice that your sister is embracing the training. I'll have to see if I can get my wife to try the Farmer's Walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is getting more health conscious. She enjoys the training. Everyone should do it for their health.

    ReplyDelete