Saturday, June 29, 2019

A Sunset, Scallops, And My Mother's First Farmer's Walk


Song:  Walking In The Air

Artist:  Aled Jones




My mother and I went to Lookout point just down the street from her house...
to watch the sun set.

We go here often for the sunsets and sunrises.

My mother enjoys getting out for fresh air with a view.

This night's sunset was a lavender sunset.








I then made one of my mother's favorite meals...
butter sautéed scallops with a large Caesar's Salad and rice. 


She ate two large helpings of salad...
and eight large scallops.

However...
I am also starting her on a Farmer's Walk exercise program 3x a week...
so, her appetite will surely increase.

I will drive her to my elder sister's house so they may do the walk together.

When one rests...the other will take over.



My mother just walked across the driveway and back...
but it was a good start.

Her only complaint was that her hands got sore  :)

No problem...
her hands...
as well as her whole body...
will toughen and strengthen.

This one exercise will adequately stress her muscles, tendons, bones...
and cardiovascular system.

This one exercise will help keep her strong, healthy, and young for her age.


2 comments:

  1. Ah, a nice sunset and a nice evening all around. Glad to see your mother willing to try the Farmer's Walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will go to my elder sister's house three times a week for the farmer's walk. This will ensure both are doing it properly.

    ReplyDelete