Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Spectacular Sunrise At Lookout Point


Song:  Heaven On Earth

Artist:  Hilary Stagg



This morning I went back to my favorite spot for local sunrises and sunsets...
just down the street from my mother's house.

My mother was sleeping...
so I went alone.



I set out a chair and I waited.

The big rock in the short distance in front of the chair is actually
over 6 feet tall and 15 feet or so, long.

I only realized too late for this photo session...
there is a better vantage point just down the hill a little ways on top of that big rock...
where I may get an unobstructed view of the sky...
without having to have the house in the picture.

Next time, I will take sunrise photos from there.





The sky turned a brilliant pink.









It then slowly became more and more amber.















There are supposed to be clouds over Reno all week.

This should make for continued great sunrises and sunsets.



2 comments:

  1. Ah, now this was a most spectacular sunrise! I love the brilliant colors on the really interesting cloud formations. This has to be right at the top of all of your sunrises that you've seen and photographed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was among the best sunrises I have ever seen. I couldn't capture all of the sky at once. There were vivid pinks overhead also. I surrounded in an atmosphere worthy of a Pink Floyd concert! :)

    I was out there all alone too. My sister is not a morning person (Neither am I, it is just that I don't go to bed until after the sunrise), so she had missed this. My mother is usually up at that time, but she was getting extra sleep. It was so worth going to. I have seen many a sunrise and sunset...but this one was one of the best.

    ReplyDelete