Sunday, June 30, 2019

Farmer's Walk / Patio Supper



Song:  Tao

Artist:  Kitaro


We went to my elder sister's house so my sister and mother could
do the Farmer's Walk together.

My sister took the first turn with the 50 lb. Trap Bar.



They switched off the gloves...


and it was my mother's turn.

My mother walked for two sets.

We will be doing it three times a week.

When my mother appears stronger...
I will add sets to her walk.









My elder sister laughed because my mother wanted to stand in the shade...
so she stood in the shade of my sister.  : )


My sister walked the bar home.


Afterwards...
we went out onto the patio and my sister made a quick supper for us.






This cat face top keeps tea hot.


My sister then made some cookies for dessert.


They still need to put in their backyard patio.
They will be doing it soon.


My sister searched for a good Korean Drama to watch.


I was surprised by how much heat that fireplace puts out.

My elder sister and her husband really enjoy their outdoor covered patio.

Their patio furniture easily repositions into a queen size bed.

So, they may lie down and watch TV late at night outside.


My mother felt very relaxed after her workout and supper.

Sometime soon...
we will be going to Lower Eagle Falls 
at Lake Tahoe for a sunrise photo session.

My mother is really looking forwards to it.












2 comments:

  1. My wife is amazed that your mother can walk with the 50 lb bar. I tried our own version of the Farmer's Walk this weekend with my son. We didn't have the trap bar so walked holding a dumbbell in each hand.

    Love your sister's patio! How nice to sit out there on a nice night. I take it that you don't have mosquitoes or other flying insects... it's hard to sit outside after dark here in the midwest unless you had citronella candles to keep the bugs away (and even that doesn't work too well).

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother likes the exercise. She feels so much better after her workout. She is even more motivated by exercising with her daughter.

    Yes, it is so comfortable. It will be warm enough even in winter...so long as the wind doesn't blow. The fireplace really kicks out heat. They also got patio furniture for their upstairs balcony. My sister loves watching the sunrise as she drinks coffee on her balcony. Flying insects are rare here. It is considered high desert. There are also no fleas or ticks...unless you go into the wooded mountains in the lower elevations.

    ReplyDelete