Saturday, June 22, 2019

Food Truck Fest


Song:  Day After Day

Group:  Badfinger



Yesterday...
we went to a local park for a weekly food fest.

Now...
as a general rule...
I hate crowds.

And...
this was no exception.

Since this food truck fest of 40 or so food trucks at one of the local parks
happens every Friday night for 6 months out of the year...
I thought that on any particular week...
it would not be so crowded.

Wrong.

Apparently...
there are many who love to go to this event
to just socialize with others (I hate this whole concept! :)

Let me put it this way...
this whole event had all the downside of going to an amusement park...
without any of the upside.

As my elder sister said...
"People just go to socialize while they wait in line."

It was just a bunch of people waiting in food truck lines :(

My mother had a good time going out and walking about...
but that was it.

We had only been there for 1.5 hours...
and never will we go again.
So, I could tolerate it...
this once.







My elder sister's "food".

She got a glass of wine  :)






My younger sister and my mother had gotten a filled crepe.





My mother only had a few bites.

My younger sister was the only one to really eat.

I refused to spend all my time waiting in line...
as did my elder sister's husband.




The only good part of this day was getting my mom out to walk around...
and to be able to sit with all of her children for a little bit.


These two were actually pretty good.



My favorite part of the evening.

We were parked just across from this rose garden.

As it was closed for the evening...
there was no one there (my favorite part).

So...
I walked up to the gate and took some pictures.







Not bad...
but, I had expected it to be fragrant.

It was not.

So many of the roses have been bred for appearance
and most of the fragrance had been bred out.

That is too bad.

Perhaps many of the fragrant species can only be grown 
under more humid conditions.

--------------

Anyway...
I am hoping for a more remarkable time tonight.

We are going to try a specialty hot dog place near my younger sister's home
before we head out to take some pictures of the lantern fest...
from a distance...
away from all the people  :)


What I am looking forward to most:


1) My mom having a good time

2)  A decent Chicago dog

3)  Some decent pictures of lanterns floating aloft.

4)  Being away from any crowds


-------------

We went...
a decent hot dog.

Couldn't see from anywhere near the place.



No pics...
no story...
not worth their incredible entrance fees...
plus parking...
no shade...
you do the work and light something which flies off in a moment...
each person will end up spending over $100.00...
NOT WORTH IT.


Make your own lantern...
tether it will dental floss...
let it take flight.

Garbage bag...
straws or light structure to weight the bag correctly...
and to hold the cup of alcohol...
tether it with a 100 feet of dental floss...
fly it over a lake or in the desert...
there you have it.

You will find it gets old real quickly.













2 comments:

  1. I can see why it would attract a big crowd. The thought of having access to a variety of foods and getting to eat while sitting outside and taking in the view sounds wonderful. Sorry it didn't turn out. Kudos to you for trying it and wanting to give your mother a new experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are trying some of the local activities, but, I am going to stay away from large unstructured gatherings.

    ReplyDelete