Friday, June 14, 2019

Sunset At Lake Tahoe


Song:  Another Park, Another Sunday

Group:  The Doobie Brothers




Today...
my younger sister had my mother at her house, so...
my elder sister, her husband, and I, went to Lake Tahoe for the sunset.

As Lake Tahoe is so near to Reno...
we didn't leave until after 7 PM...
and we arrived at my favorite spot for sunset photos at Lake Tahoe
in plenty of time to photograph the sun setting.

Late in the evening...
I take a look at the clouds in Reno.
If they are formed in a particular manner...
I know there is a good chance that there will be a nice sunset
at one of my favorite sunset photographing spots nearby.

All of them can be reached within an hour.

Photography is a great hobby.

My Canon G3X is the last camera I will ever need.












As anyone who knows me...knows...
If I deem it as safe...
I generally don't follow rules  :)


They are constructing a long walkway from which visitors may view the lake...
and, especially, the sunsets.

Last time I was here...
it was just a dirt path near the lake.


Just about this time...
a few cars had pulled over to take a few pictures of the sunset...
and leave.

It astounds me that people do not realize that the colors don't come out until 
quite a bit after the sun sets.
































My elder sister grabbing one last shot.

We departed shortly after this last shot...
as the sunset had faded.

There are so many other places around Lake Tahoe we shall soon see.

There are also so many other places around the lake I have yet to explore.


Never pass up a beautiful sunset...
or the autumn colors...
as both are metaphors for our lives.

Both inspire us to lead well led lives.

Just as these are beautiful...
so must we construct and lead our lives...
so they, too, are beautiful.















2 comments:

  1. Looks like you're really enjoying your Canon. But then, where you live, there's so much opportunity to take great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just visited some other places at Lake Tahoe today. While it was another almost cloudless day, we just did it to scout other photographic possibilities. My mother went today, and she had fun. Yes, we are busy scouting places. There are so many more we have to reconnoiter, especially before Autumn.

    ReplyDelete